Homebrew WiiSX Wishlist

bytor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought it'd be good to have all the suggestions in one place, I dare say that the majority of things we list will already be planned by the developers but we may come up with some things that they haven't thought of perhaps.

A GUI
Ability to run compressed disc images to save SD card space
A Help page on the GUI showing which buttons on the Gamecube/Classic Controller/Remote and Nunchuck correspond to the buttons on the PS1 controller
Ability to user define control options (ie if a player doesn't like a certain button on their selected control scheme being mapped to a certain button on the PS1 controller allow them to change it)
Ability to lock the maximum fps at 60

I'm assuming that the world and his wife are going to suggest that the dev team implement remote and nunchuck control options, if you want to do this then please suggest button alternatives. The dev team will be implementing remote and nunchuck controls (I'm assuming!) but it'd be great if they could have several alternatives to choose from in a GUI option.

So suggest away!

Inferior_Design

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is a solid list. Here's what I think sounds nice:

Ability to run the BIOS for memory card management, if not by some other built-in way
Extra memory card slots (Ya know how easy it is fill 2 oldskool PSX mem cards?)
.img and .iso file format compatibility
SMB directory (even though I can't get the sh!t to work), nah the Wii prolly needs all its power to run PSX
DVD directory
Wiimote as lightgun (can't believe I forgot that one)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a big fan of "wishlists". If you're really that passionate about wanting something, then teach yourself to do it and do it yourself.

Anyway, multiple disc support would be good. Otherwise you can't play games like Chrono Cross and MGS fully.

mahern4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB support and Classic controller are already supported....some dude made a mod that supports it all, just look in the WiiSX thread. He also made it so you can get rid of the FPS stuff at the top of the screen. And it all runs at the same rate as the original beta
gbasp.gif

Also, the both versions support img files.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
that's really not a very original "whishlist", all of these things are common stuff for emulators and are undoubtly already planned or even implemented by the dev team,

remember that the current released ones are ONLY betas so that we can see how far they were in development, not a final snapshot of the end product

on a side note, I would say that "wishlists" generally only annoy developpers very deeply since they already have a very precise idea of what they are going to do

mahern4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mahern4 said:
USB support and Classic controller are already supported....some dude made a mod that supports it all, just look in the WiiSX thread. He also made it so you can get rid of the FPS stuff at the top of the screen. And it all runs at the same rate as the original beta
gbasp.gif

Also, the both versions support img files.

Correction: Running games off USB drive makes them much slower(compared to SD)...Most become unplayable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended