WiiSX Trouble, any idea's?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by DeSellier, Aug 19, 2009.

Aug 19, 2009

WiiSX Trouble, any idea's? by DeSellier at 3:53 PM (2,528 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. DeSellier
    OP

Newcomer DeSellier Newbie

United States
    Hey guys, I just joined this forum because from what i've read, it sounds like you guys know what your talking about. Now, I'm really excited about wiisx and would be even more excited if i could get it running! I have my bin and cue files as well as the bios file all saved under the correct file in the root of my SD card as well as the 2 memory card files. I have tried 3 games now both in dynartic and Inter. modes and I get the same result with no avail. I get to the black screen, it tells me to press A or B a few times as it code dumps and then I get a large code dump that says the following:

Selecting / PSXISOS/Memcard1.mcd
    Press B to continue
    end CDR_init()
    start PAD_init()
    end PAD_init()
    Start PAD_init()
    end PAD_init()
    Loadsmcds()
    Loading memory card /PSXISOS/memcard.mcd
    Loading memory card /PSXISOS/memcard.mcd
    end SysInit()
    start CDR_open()
    Opening file with extension .mcd
    size of CD in MB = 0
    end CDR_open()
    start SysReset()

PS-X Realtime Kernal Ver.2.5
    Copyright 1993,1994 Â Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
    KERNAL SETUP!

Configuration : EvCB 0x10 TCB 0x04
    end SysReset()
    CheckCdrom
    Execute

And thats it, the emulator freezes right up and wont let me play the game. I searched the forum for a while before posting this too see if anybody else has had this problem and it seems they have, but their is no clear description on how they have managed to fix it. I was wondering if you guys could please help me out here, or have any suggestions for what I'm doing wrong. thanks a lot for your time!

2. DeSellier
    OP

United States
    Shoot, really sorry about the triple post, comcast has been acting up in my house and I just thought It was the slow internet connection, not the forums. If an admin could please delete the last 2 threads I would appreciate it. Sorry for troubling you guys.

3. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    Yes because we all know clicking the submit button multiple times SHOULD make it go faster right??

Anyways back to the topic: Wait for a better version of WiiSX, in its current version it is still very work-in-progressish and is more of a "proof of concept" than a solid emulator.

4. DeSellier
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I'm definitely impatient when it comes to the internet acting sluggish. Again, sorry. unless somebody knows how to fix the problem I guess i'll just have to wait. I just don't understand why I cant get it to work when other people have and I have multiple other emus. I'm not using an SDHC (although I guess this isn't a problem anymore) and I've been using only games people have said to have gotten to work. I just don't know. Any other suggestions would be appreciated though.

5. emupaul

Member emupaul GBAtemp Fan

United States
    bios is corrupt or in wrong folder, and or bad rip try again.

6. sr_corsario

Member sr_corsario GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Im having a similar problem... well ... its something about a forwarder...

I have modified a forwarder dol to load wiisx from usb device. It load the emulator from usb device but when i finish to select options and press A it give a code dump...&%T($&/(!!!! However if i try to load the emulator (on usb device) without forwarder dol it works fine, like in SD!!!

Any idea?