smoothiespampam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I've never done any source code editing, but have minor experience in other types of code. However, this is alot more challenging, and I was wondering if there was a way to edit the program in order to set the default values for the "gamepad" (wiimote, wiimote + nunchuk, gamecube, etc.) to something more to my liking, and then recompile the program.

I would think that there would be, but I've been looking all over the "trunk", and I can't find anything

Any help would be awesome

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

first, you need to install DevkitPPC here in order to compile. Note that you"ll have to grab an old version of the devkit and libogc (Wiisx code is from 2010).
Then, look for the .c files located in src/Gamecube/gc_input and try to modify some values.

If you have no experience in C, wii coding and especially Wiisx isn't the easier thing (to say the least) to start with.
But well, you can still try. Maybe other users will help you here, or you can also ask in the Wiibrew forums.
Good luck !

smoothiespampam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the help!

I found and edited what I needed to in the gc_input folder, and now I'm on to compiling...

It keeps giving me errors when I compile, but I was wondering if this could be attributed to me downloading the new devkitPPC not the old one like you said. If you could link me to the right one it'd be great, or have any other suggestions. Thanks!

Here is the output

linking ... CubeSX.elf
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.6.3/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lz
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/projects/wii/wiisx/CubeSX.elf] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

newo

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
look in your makefile and see if there is -lz. You might be able to remove it and try a compile again. finger crossed. otherwise you will have to find out what library it is and compile that as well.

smoothiespampam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just did some more reading,

I think wiisx needs a library called "zlib", so I downloaded it, and currently trying to compile it.

Once I compile it however, what do I do with it?

(I'm a noob at this :/)

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Glad you've made some progress with this.
You downloaded zlib from here right? No need to compile it. Depending on the Devkit revision, it's in portlibs folder since r21 or in libogc folder for older revisions.

Try to compile wiisx once again to see if zlib is found.
If the compilation ends well (with a code 0 and without too many warnings), you'll get a dol file ready to test on the Wii.

In my 1st post, I should have added something obvious : when you have a source code, the first step (before any modification) is trying to compile it.
There are often problems with libraries, different versions, conflicting variables between them, etc ...
Fortunately, here it's a common library, it shouldn't be a problem(?!).

smoothiespampam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I think I'm doing okay...

Now I get the same error as before, even though the zlib I downloaded from the website is extracted and placed in "C:\devkitPro\portlibs\ppc"

C:\devkitPro\portlibs\ppc\include
C:\devkitPro\portlibs\ppc\share
C:\devkitPro\portlibs\ppc\lib

However, the devkit seems to be unable to find the support library :/

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe you need to add the linked library in the makefile at the LIBS := line with -lz as newo already said.
Else you can download an older devkit/libogc, at wiixplorer's googlecode here. Take r19 for example and replace your DevkitPPC and libogc folders.

smoothiespampam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

working alot better now!

got a ways into compiling process until it gave me this error

linking ... WiiSX.elf
fileBrowser-libfat.o: In function `fileBrowser_libfat_readDir':
c:/projects/wii/wiisx/src/Gamecube/fileBrowser/fileBrowser-libfat.c:204: undefin
ed reference to `diropen'
c:/projects/wii/wiisx/src/Gamecube/fileBrowser/fileBrowser-libfat.c:213: undefin
ed reference to `dirnext'
c:/projects/wii/wiisx/src/Gamecube/fileBrowser/fileBrowser-libfat.c:227: undefin
ed reference to `dirclose'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libtinysmb.a(smb_devoptab.o): In function `__smb_unl
ink':
smb_devoptab.c:(.text.__smb_unlink+0x30): undefined reference to `diropen'
smb_devoptab.c:(.text.__smb_unlink+0x3c): undefined reference to `dirclose'
make[1]: *** [/c/projects/wii/wiisx/src/Gamecube/WiiSX.elf] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

it seems to be specific to the wiisx program, not any libraries or anything so maybe I just need to modify that stuff?

you're helping so much, thank you I think i'm on the cusp of completing it!

smoothiespampam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
half of the error has gone thanks to obcd (thanks!) now left with:

linking ... WiiSX.elf
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libtinysmb.a(smb_devoptab.o): In function `__smb_unl
ink':
smb_devoptab.c:(.text.__smb_unlink+0x30): undefined reference to `diropen'
smb_devoptab.c:(.text.__smb_unlink+0x3c): undefined reference to `dirclose'
make[1]: *** [/c/projects/wii/wiisx/src/Gamecube/WiiSX.elf] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Have you checked the emulator settings for sound? I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't produce any.
Did you change the normal sound library with a different one? (Perhaps to build another program?)

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
With settings I really mean those you get when the program is running on the wii. If I remember well, there are some sound options.

smoothiespampam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I checked those settings, and audio was enabled and volume I even set to loudest

I checked the WiiSX website, and they said it was compiled with libogc r21, but when I looked in r21, there is no libaesnd...
so did they use an old revision of libaesnd or something? I'm stumped :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi