WiiSX games that work but don't detect controller?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by obituary1992, Apr 12, 2011.

1. obituary1992
    OP

Newcomer obituary1992 Newbie

United States
    Okay, so here's my dilemma: I have Diablo, Command & Conquer Red Alert [Soviet Disc], and Vandal Hearts all on my SD card. I am trying to play them on WiiSX 2.1; and yes, before anybody says anything about it, I DID check the compatibility list and they weren't there (I also made the change to Gauntlet - Legends; it indeed does work very well for me). Anyways, so I've tried all 3 of the games mentioned above and they all seem to be running at full speed, no glitches, no other problems that I've foreseen, but when they all get to the title screen and I try pressing any buttons to continue, nothing happens. I've repeatedly edited the controls in WiiSX to make sure everything was as it should be, but nothing seems to help.

Hey, if these games aren't playable, then whatever... but I'd really like to know why it is that they aren't registering that I've pressed anything on the controller. Also, just to make sure my wiimote wasn't being defective, I immediately loaded Gauntlet Legends after trying each of these games and had absolutely no problems with it at all. [​IMG]

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! [​IMG]

Edit: I'm using Wiimote with Nunchuk...

2. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    been a while since i used it, but in controller type if you can set it to digital instead of analouge, i imagine the controller might be picked up then if it is the problem

3. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    What I hate is in Beta 1 the Analog worked perfectly and now it doesn't work.

4. obituary1992
    OP

United States
    I tried switching the controller types before I posted this (probably shoulda said that in my first post but I didn't really think about it). Anyways, yeah, there was no luck there... and @ Juan, I'm not entirely sure why, but my Wii seems to be like the complete opposite of what everyone else's is... I just downloaded wiisx a few days ago and I've had absolutely no problems with it (not entirely sure what problems with the analogue anybody's had but no problems here... also, the compatibility list said gauntlet wasn't working but it runs 100% fine [​IMG] ).

I just don't understand why Gauntlet, which was supposedly a game that didn't/doesn't work with the new wiisx beta 2, works for me perfectly, but the other 3 games i tried - which also work fine as far as how well they run and the fact that they run, won't register my controller's buttons being pressed.

OH, ALSO: the 1+2 go back to menu combo thingy works, so therefore, my wiimote is still working, and the buttons work, so i know for sure that's not the issue

5. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    do you have gamecube controller to try it with? another idea top chew on is have you tried mattguitarists 3rd party control build? worth a shot

6. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    I use the GameCube controller (Wavebird). With Beta 1, Analog work perfectly. With Beta 2, I only can use the Analog Stick as the PlayStation D-Pad, with it sucks for play 3D games.

7. obituary1992
    OP

United States
    Unfortunately, I don't have any gamecube controllers... And I am not familiar with mattguitarists 3rd party control build so if anybody that knows where to get it, how to use it, etc, etc, I would be very grateful... and @Juan, now I see why u say the new beta 2 dont work... don't have GC controllers, therefore I haven't been able to experience the problem lol

8. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    linky to matguitarist's thread.

It works basically the same way as the original. The only difference is that you need to have IOS58 installed (or 202...but that one's harder to find, as support for that IOS is dropped).

9. matguitarist

Member matguitarist GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    The mod build is the same as the original except default ios/cios for support usb2 had been included and classic controller fix had been apply.

The emulator isn't different. you need ios58 or cios202 for using usb2, if there aren't install it will use default ios61.