Homebrew WiiSx Beta 2.1 Tales of Destiny Issue

• Thread starter DeletedMember257891
  • Start date
  • Views 4,791
  • Replies 14
D

DeletedMember257891

OP
Ok, so heres the deal, Tales of Destiny works fine on WiiSx, before a scene in the beggining where there is vocal dialogue, and it does not stop, with the games text boxes, if you understand. If i finish the scene, it stays on a blank screen, and the vocal dialougue does not stop, and I realized that its doing the whole game's vocal dialogue!!!. Can I fix this somehow?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
there is nothing you can do beside trying to switch between dynarec/interpreter mode option
this is a beta, most games boot but a lot have glitches or emulation inaccuracies, this will eventually be fixed in further releases, or not.

turbotronic

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if i remember correctly you can disable event/battle voices in the options before starting a game... at least tales of destiny 2 supports it.

D

DeletedMember257891

OP
turbotronic said:
if i remember correctly you can disable event/battle voices in the options before starting a game... at least tales of destiny 2 supports it.
Thanks, I din't think about that, I'll try it later to check.

D

DeletedMember257891

OP
Ok so the voice option din't work, it turns on again on a new game and it in the begining cutscene that there is a problem. As for the compability list, it says it should run fine, but I still have that Issue.

turbotronic

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
alexmalex252 said:
Ok so the voice option din't work, it turns on again on a new game and it in the begining cutscene that there is a problem. As for the compability list, it says it should run fine, but I still have that Issue.

for me it runs fine with disabling voices so it might be your iso. try a different one or dump the retail disc if you have access.

D

DeletedMember257891

OP
Ok, so i tried a new iso, and now the game dosent even boot, instead, a black screen with numbers and errors shows up...

Edit: Also, the new iso had the extension bin.emc, so i took off the emc, could that be causing the problem?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you're problem is that it is compressedl, look up the emc tool kit and run it on your iso to uncompress it. As for your problem, it is a noted problem with Tales Of Destiny 2 so wait for an update

D

DeletedMember257891

OP
I think I could fix the problem if I had a save file, from the earliest save point of course, but compatible with WiiSx, because i have tried a few save files and they do not show up. If I could change the voices option after the new game has started, it might fix the problem. Could someone please upload a save file for me to test my theory, if it is even possible.

D

DeletedMember257891

OP
I have no idea, I haven't tried to on the other versions. The older versions were a bit to confusing for me, with the blank screen and text, so thats why I really want to stick to this version is possible. But I guess I could at leat try, but I always get errors when I boot an earlier version, mabye I need to insatll something? So far, for emulation to work, I've only insatlled CIOS 249 ( I think ), would I need something else for an earlier version of the emulator?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it worked great on WiiSX Beta1. No sound problem, game speed 100%
(at least what I remember when I tested it).

They changed the sound plugin for beta2.x to allow more games to work, but it's a basic audio plugin which miss some sound effect. They will add them later I think.
In the meantime, play this game with WiiSX beta 1 mod03.
Beta1 compatibility list

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: New Ninjas welcome :ninja: