OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Using WiiSX Beta 2.1 Mod04b (Ios58 installed)

Ok on to the meat of the problem:

In the official build savestates take a few seconds to save/load:
yay.gif

In the Mod04b version, savestates can take anywhere from a few seconds (And continue to be only a few seconds
yay.gif
) or take around a minute (And continue to take around a minute
sad.gif
), and will not switch from one to the other unless I repeatedly quit/open the program till it starts doing the one I want (The short save time.)

Anyone have any idea what causes this?

Savestates are saved to SD, as is everything else (BIOS, controller config, and general config settings) while my disc images are on an external HDD.

I'm going to mess around with where the files are saved and see what happens, but the long load times are becoming a pain in the ass and I was just wondering if any one else has had this problem.

EDIT: ok so apparently switching which device the savestates were loaded from makes a difference, I'm guessing this is because the Wii has issues with reading from a USB2.0 device, while it read/writes from a SD card.
EDIT2: I'm fairly certain that this is the culprit, as I haven't had problems with Save/Loading and read/writing from the same device, only when more than one thing is selected.

Also when I exit the program and when the grey/black wii channel system menu loader thingy is appearing on screen a high-pitched chirping is heard
sad.gif
The first time this happened I thought my TV was about to explode.

Comrade Cough

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't; I'm too paranoid about installing cIOS' (Something about installing too many and bricking or something.) and I hear the rumor is that the WiiSX team is probably going with IOS58 anyways.

But I seem to have gotten working as long as the savestates are on the same drive that the games are being read from.

I'll probably try cIOS202 anyways, thanks
smile.gif

(Also not deleting my post for posterity, just in case anyone else has the issue.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.