WiiScrubber [Replacement]

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by warlord_7, Dec 31, 2009.

1. warlord_7
    OP

warlord_7 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2009
    United States
    Hey ,
    sorry if this is the wrong Section.
    Anyway.
    My goal is to replace background music from a (Wii)Game with segas .adx format (But this is irrelevant)
    So i took WiiSCrubber 1.4 to "open" the .iso. Everything good so far. Then i had about 20 songs that i converted from mp3 to wav to .adx (so they all work in adx). I opened the image(.iso) and opened the /dir Partiotion:1 Data (game name blah)/snd

2. SFenton

SFenton ಠ_ಠ

Oct 14, 2008
    United States
    Derp
    A) Yes, you need a key.bin. NEED. IT IS NECESSARY.
    B) Maybe it's not the background music?

3. warlord_7
    OP

warlord_7 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2009
    United States
    Of course it's the background music.^^ Don't underestimate me pls. I'm mby noob in wii hacking but not in logic. How do you think i made the music? I searched every file in the /snd dir. Then i extracted the original ones to listen to them (with a WinAmp Plugin) to find out what song what level is.
    But thank you for you help. I thought so :S
    A) Yes, you need a key.bin. NEED. IT IS NECESSARY.

4. bula

bula GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2009
    United States

5. warlord_7
    OP

warlord_7 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2009
    United States
    so i can make ANY key for ANY game with that? (i mean my game is Bleach:Shattered Blade)
    and btw: i made that last time. With WiiScrubber 1.4 ... i opened the MakeKeyBin.exe ,entered 42
    and got a key.bin
    but is that "key.bin" right? As i made that last time (look@first post) i had that key.bin in the /dir of WiiScrubber but it didn't worked.
    btw: Step 4: Scrub the ISO. The process takes about half an hour.

6. bula

Feb 4, 2009
    United States

7. warlord_7
    OP

warlord_7 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2009
    United States
    As i said: I've made that operation long before i started to replace the files.
    Another thing here:
    |How to scrub the disc: Click on the clean and save button Depending on the option chosen next to the clean button you will then save either a scrubbed file, a dif file or both files. If the TRUCHA option is chosen then you will create several new files:
    •1. a dummy fst.bin
    •2. a modified fst.bin containing links for the padding files
    •3. several files full of 0's that can be loaded into the modified image.
    •4. a modified boot.bin that is needed for the modified fst.bin to be accessed|
    I don't get it.

Let me sum it up again:
    I replaced the original BGM_01-BGM_25.adx with my custom .adx songs and pressed on "Scrub ISO" (while having key.bin in the same /dir). After 1~2 Minutes the new .iso was done (about 10 MB different than the original one) but it still played the original Songs and not mine. I wonder why ,because if i unscrub the game again and extract the BGM_01.adx and so on then :they are my custom songs but not in the game. Maybe he didn't scrubbed it with the new ones.

8. bula

Feb 4, 2009
    United States
    Is it possible that is in more then one place? Usually a scrubbed ISO is a lot smaller then the original, 10 Mb is nothing. Are you sure that this ISO was not scrubbed prior with dowloading it? - if this is the case

9. warlord_7
    OP

warlord_7 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2009
    United States
    Another question would be:
    Save option: ISO,DIFF or BOTH?
    Scrub Type: 0xFF or TRUCHA?

10. bula

Feb 4, 2009
    United States

1)
    ISO - wil save only iso
    diff - will save only the diff between the original and scrubbed
    both - both

2)
    0xff it writes ff on all unused space so your iso is same size as original
    trucha is overwriting the non-compressable empty space with 0's. This has the advantage of, since it is using TRUCHA, actually correcting the SHA tables but may not work with IOS37

11. warlord_7
    OP

warlord_7 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2009
    United States
    Thank you.
    so that doesn't make a difference at all whether it works or not.
    Too bad. I'm running out of ideas.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice