WiiScrubber 1.0a

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by epikwii, Apr 6, 2008.

Apr 6, 2008

WiiScrubber 1.0a by epikwii at 11:56 PM (971 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. epikwii
    OP

Newcomer epikwii Newbie

United States
    I used WiiScrubber 1.0a to scrub a Wii game, and then compressed it with WinRAR to about 796 megabytes using the fastest compression method. No recovery records or passwords.

However, when I tried to extract the image from the RAR, it gave me a CRC error. I transferred the image to a Ubuntu machine and it seemed to extract fine. Once it extracted on the Ubuntu box, I confirmed it was the same file as before the compression using md5 checksums.

...am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

2. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Perhaps you should try decompressing the RAR on your original machine once more? Maybe there was a software bug or you have bad ram or something.

3. epikwii
    OP

Newcomer epikwii Newbie

United States
    Tried again, still no go. Running prime95 as we speak...it was the first thing I thought of. No errors yet.

Moved the archive to my friend's laptop...same CRC error upon extraction. Weird.

4. noisound

Member noisound GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    its a simple suggestion but try normal speed compression. i have avoided the fast and faster compression because im skeptical about it like burning at max rate. its there for speed and it works of course just there will be the unlucky times and it will not work cause it messed up ;x