Misc Wii's wifi

robiul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both my wii and xbox together, my wii is connected to the internet 24 hrs (WC24) via wifi. I know you can connect the x360 to a pc with an internet connection to connect to xlive.
Is it possible to connect th X360 to the Wii either by USB connetion or ethernet to ethernet to connect to Xlive?

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, impossible, you might as well just spend the 100 bucks to get a wifi adapter for your 360

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You appear to want to use your wii as a bridge or connection sharing. While I will not say it is impossible it would be far from simple and would probably require homebrew.

If you are unwilling to plump for the xbox wifi could I instead suggest a wireless bridge (we used them often on the original xbox for just this reason) or wireless over mains. They may cost a little bit more but you can use them for more things than just the xbox.

If you are willing to take a speed hit (which is still likely be less than your internet connection and enough for SMB/similar stuff for video most modern routers support WDS aka wireless distribution system:
http://www.connect802.com/wireless_bridging.htm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey