Wiip Pairs With Team Xecuter

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by shtonkalot, Feb 22, 2007.

Feb 22, 2007
  1. shtonkalot
    OP

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    "The company behind the opensource Wiip modchip, TCN-ISO, has apparently paired with Team Xecuter for their Wii project."

More here.

2. Warm Woolly Shee

Member Warm Woolly Shee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    They're delaying the release of their source code because they want to use it as advertising for their modchip store.

That's fine they want to make money, but think of all the great things the community could have done with that source by now. D2B compatibility, maybe even some region unlocking.

By taking so long to release it, they're risking becoming obsolete with Wiikey's, Wiixt's, and so on. There's already a Wiinja clone that's cheaper in spain.

TCN, it's time to open up that open source you're hiding.

3. dsdork

Newcomer dsdork Advanced Member

United States
    Sheep-

If there is one thing those who are keeping an eye on wii chips have seen, its that companies rushing out chips caused issues with incompatibility as well as production issues (making them obsolete in weeks). I'd rather wait a bit and have them do a bit of testing prior to letting the chip, design, and code out into the wild.

4. AustinS

Newcomer AustinS Member

United States
    What is posted on WiiNewz is what the Wiip team emailed to me. I don't believe they are sitting on the source. They want to make sure it is working 100% before releasing it into the wild. They have 100 prototype units arriving on or around the 27th.