Hacking Wiip! Open Source modchip

pelago

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought this deserved its own thread. TCNiSO are working on releasing schematics and source code for a cheap modchip, Wiip! http://www.tcniso.net/Nav/Wiip/
pcb10.jpg

_zZz_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really like the attitude of these guys..

open source, but if you want pre-made you pay a symbolic fee..

I must say that to them I wouldn't mind to pay 30$

_zZz_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
max console dont know english?

it costs 10$ to built... in equipment! LOL you don't pay for it! dahhhh

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
max console dont know english?

it costs 10$ to built... in equipment! LOL you don't pay for it! dahhhh
They do know English, but they get payed for every CycloWiz they sell.
And if there's an option between free for a cool open source thing and paying a shitload of money to some shitty cloning company, then guess what, sales will drop a little for them...
dry.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good to know, thanks pelago.

With regard to maxconsole I know the whole "open source" thing can get a bit confusing but that is just plain moronic.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok is this a new variation of the same mod chip that came out first a while ago or is it something new, because it looks to do everything exactly the same at 3 other similar mod chips. Which is the best if there is a such thing with mod chips for the wii, and is there really a need for it since there isn't anything to take advantage of having something like this?

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok is this a new variation of the same mod chip that came out first a while ago or is it something new, because it looks to do everything exactly the same at 3 other similar mod chips. Which is the best if there is a such thing with mod chips for the wii, and is there really a need for it since there isn't anything to take advantage of having something like this?
It is mostly the same as the other mod chips yes (still a drive mod, not able to enable homebrew and all...), the advantage of this is that it's open source. So if you buy a chip yourself, you can put the code on it for free, or you can just buy a premade chip for $20 including shipping... I think that's quite an advantage?
smile.gif

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Buy one for $20, or build it for $10. I'd do both
smile.gif
I don't really trust my handywork. I really hope this is real. These mod chips are getting insane now. I was all over the WiiKey when it was announced and now this. Can't wait to see what's next.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM