Wiinja V2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Scorpei, Feb 13, 2007.

Feb 13, 2007

Wiinja V2 by Scorpei at 2:01 PM (2,188 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Scorpei
    OP

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Something I saw on the frontpage of the Wiinja;

So aside from sending the pic back and having an invoice, the PIC also has to be unused.

2. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    But teh wiikey team already said that yesterday... wiikey has those features, and american wiis can play (J) games.

Wait for it.

3. yorch

Newcomer yorch Member

Spain
    improved read method means that you get no DREs with non-high quality dvds.
    wiinja v.2.0 is on stores yet, and yes, it's compatible with any actual wii out there, so it becomes again the best modchip we can get.

4. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Less DRE's, other chips claiming region freeness, seems like updating would have been a nice feauture after all...
    Pretty fucked up for the people that already have one already now... especially for those who paid the full price...

5. niklasnyfiken

Member niklasnyfiken GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    That's what happens when you buy a chip that can't be updated. Don't blame the Wiinja guys for that. If you don't like it, buy Wiikey or any other chip that can be updated and don't support non-updatable chips.

6. Scorpei
    OP

Netherlands
    Well, the chip itself can be updated easily. If there were code released anyone with half a brain and a PIC programmer could flash it.

7. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    Yeah, but you'd need to open up your console to do that and that's not really feasible, now, is it? [​IMG]

8. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Not if the chip is "frozen" in code. Something about burning the fuses in place... I don't really know about those things, but it seems the way they distribute the Wiinja it is not upgradeable.

And yeah, early adopters should not complain. They knew what they were getting in with. They knew there would be better options very shortly after.

9. Scorpei
    OP

Netherlands
    You'd need to open it again [​IMG]. That wouldn't be an issue for me if I would own a Wiinja and if it would get me less DRE, but hey that's just me.

Also, people who bought the Wiinja did (or at least should have) indeed known that this was an early hack, not fully complete. As always there is room for improvement. Anyone with a D2B chipset however can get a replacement. Anyway, just popping the news [​IMG].

10. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    the wiikey only releases specs and shit, but they better just start selling the chip already!

I got my wiinja on February 2nd and i dont have any problems at all [​IMG]

11. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Does this mean the people that bought the Wiinja V1 can get a free upgrade if they send the chip back?

12. _zZz_

Newcomer _zZz_ Member

Portugal
    the thing is.. how can they proof that your wii is not a d2b?

if i had bought the wiinja, for sure i would return it and ask for a new one...

dre improvement is an important feature!

13. Phunt

Newcomer Phunt Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Well as stated the chip has to be unused. So if you already have the wiinja and the DMS chipset then you have probably installed the chip so it will be used. I bet the people that used a chip socket to install are happy they did now lol

14. hef

Newcomer hef Member

Russia
    I suppose it's a stupid question, but what means "stealth mode" in the wiinja v2 specifications?

15. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    Stealth mode is basically meant to mean that the Wii can't detect it, meaning that nintendo wouldn't be able to released updates etc that would affect the chip and possibly brick the device.