Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Something I saw on the frontpage of the Wiinja;

QUOTE said:
13/02/07Â Added D2B Drive Support & Improved Read Method!!

The added D2B is nice, especially as this seems to be the first (already released) chip to (openly) claim D2B support, but "improved read method!"?
Might this be less DRE's? If so I guess that means updating (ow wait
smile.gif
).

*update* I've just talked to Futura online which have disclosed the following;
-D2B support
-Improved reading support (less DRE)
-Ready to ship within 2-3 days
--Replacements via ninja team for those with a D2B chipset

And from the Wiinja team themselves;
QUOTEI will replace not used ics if an invoice of the retailer is included
So aside from sending the pic back and having an invoice, the PIC also has to be unused.

yorch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
improved read method means that you get no DREs with non-high quality dvds.
wiinja v.2.0 is on stores yet, and yes, it's compatible with any actual wii out there, so it becomes again the best modchip we can get.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Less DRE's, other chips claiming region freeness, seems like updating would have been a nice feauture after all...
Pretty fucked up for the people that already have one already now... especially for those who paid the full price...

niklasnyfiken

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Less DRE's, other chips claiming region freeness, seems like updating would have been a nice feauture after all...
Pretty fucked up for the people that already have one already now... especially for those who paid the full price...

That's what happens when you buy a chip that can't be updated. Don't blame the Wiinja guys for that. If you don't like it, buy Wiikey or any other chip that can be updated and don't support non-updatable chips.

Scorpei

OP
Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

That's what happens when you buy a chip that can't be updated. Don't blame the Wiinja guys for that. If you don't like it, buy Wiikey or any other chip that can be updated and don't support non-updatable chips.
Well, the chip itself can be updated easily. If there were code released anyone with half a brain and a PIC programmer could flash it.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia

Well, the chip itself can be updated easily. If there were code released anyone with half a brain and a PIC programmer could flash it.
Yeah, but you'd need to open up your console to do that and that's not really feasible, now, is it?
unsure.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not if the chip is "frozen" in code. Something about burning the fuses in place... I don't really know about those things, but it seems the way they distribute the Wiinja it is not upgradeable.

And yeah, early adopters should not complain. They knew what they were getting in with. They knew there would be better options very shortly after.

Scorpei

OP
Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

Yeah, but you'd need to open up your console to do that and that's not really feasible, now, is it?
unsure.gif
You'd need to open it again
smile.gif
. That wouldn't be an issue for me if I would own a Wiinja and if it would get me less DRE, but hey that's just me.

Also, people who bought the Wiinja did (or at least should have) indeed known that this was an early hack, not fully complete. As always there is room for improvement. Anyone with a D2B chipset however can get a replacement. Anyway, just popping the news
wink.gif

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the wiikey only releases specs and shit, but they better just start selling the chip already!

I got my wiinja on February 2nd and i dont have any problems at all
biggrin.gif

_zZz_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the thing is.. how can they proof that your wii is not a d2b?

if i had bought the wiinja, for sure i would return it and ask for a new one...

dre improvement is an important feature!

Phunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the thing is.. how can they proof that your wii is not a d2b?

if i had bought the wiinja, for sure i would return it and ask for a new one...

dre improvement is an important feature!

Well as stated the chip has to be unused. So if you already have the wiinja and the DMS chipset then you have probably installed the chip so it will be used. I bet the people that used a chip socket to install are happy they did now lol

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Stealth mode is basically meant to mean that the Wii can't detect it, meaning that nintendo wouldn't be able to released updates etc that would affect the chip and possibly brick the device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I cant tell what my favorite N64 game is