• Thread starter alucard_xs
  • Start date
  • Views 1,873
  • Replies 4
A

alucard_xs

OP
Hi dudes,

Owner of a Wiinja Deluxe, I was wondering if someone got some news about a theorical upgrade or if it will be impossible for such a chip ?
No news on the official website ... I've got a bad feeling ...

cry.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt very much that the updatability of the Wiinja Deluxe is enough to do this. The section of the chip the Wiinja Deluxe is on that is actually upgradeable is not very large, and doesn't contain the majority of the code, so if something more in depth than a surface level change is required (as apparently in the case of WiiKey) they might not be able to fix it.

But there's good news. The installation of the Wiinja chips is compatible with the open source mods that are available since they use the same or similar hardware. It's only a matter of time before one of those open source chips gets compatible with the new disk encryption. If your chip is installed in a socket you won't even need a soldering iron to change the chip out, although you'll have to get your hands on a blank chip and a programmer to get the new code on there. Go to WiiNewz to find out more about this subject.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What's really a pain is that the Wiinja people won't even acknowledge those on their forums who are clamoring for an update. I guess it makes sense if its impossible to fix that they wouldn't update (saying its impossible would probably cost them sales) but I'd at least like to hear that they're trying, as opposed to doing nothing at all.

leonheart_a

Trophies
XP
Country
to late
tongue.gif
they've realesed an update now that apparently fixes the SMG problem, so i think now basically all modchips work with SMG, i wonder if the open source ones would work to?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well how about that? I guess the fix required wasn't all that dramatic if they fixed it using the EEPROM section of the chip. Great job Wiinja Team. This just means that the Open Source chips just need to figure out what to do. Plenty of people are working on it, but they tend to not have the facilities that these commercial companies have to do things like dump the drive firmware, etc.

It gives me hope that the open source chips will get it pretty soon though. I'll be playing SMG before the official release date, I'm pretty sure.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1