Hacking Wiinja Install Done - Not Sure If It Is Working?

ancient_imhotep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guys,

I have just installed my Wiinja v2 chip today and everything seemed to go fine.

The chip is installed correctly as per the diagrams on the Wiinja website and the solder joints are good as far as I can tell.

However the Wii will play original games, but none of my backups.

When I put a backup in the Wii, it does not spit it out or anything, but when you select the Disc Channel icon it just says that it cannot read the disc.

Does this mean that the Wiinja is installed correctly and that I just have a problem with my media type/burning method, as I thought that the Wii ejected any discs that it did not like normally?

I am currently trying a different backup burned at a different speed, but only have one brand of DVD-R discs that I can use.

Any help would be appreciated.

ancient_imhotep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The media is branded CD-R Media.co.uk (it is a brand name sold by a supplier in the UK). Media Info from ImgBurn is as follows: -

I 22:45:14 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AE1) (Speeds: 4x, 8x)

I have tried both Zelda and Splinter Cell iso's, both PAL.

The DVD burner I am using is an LG GSA-H12N.

At the moment I have tried burning the iso's at 8x.

ancient_imhotep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ancient_imhotep do you mean DVd-R?

He said DVD-R in his description - unless you got confused when he mentioned the company name that manufactures the DVD-R's has "CD-R" in their name...

Eric

Sorry about the confusion.

The company in the UK that is best to buy all blank media from is a website call cd-rmedia.co.uk.

They sell all kinds of blank media, some of which is branded with their company name - this means that you can buy a DVD-R disc from them and it will be printed on the top with CD-R Media.co.uk as the brand name.

The disc is a DVD-R, the info returned on the blank disc is "I 22:45:14 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AE1) (Speeds: 4x, 8x)".

ancient_imhotep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for all your help guys, but I have a confession to make.....

I just found the problem, it would appear that when I put Wii back together again I knocked the no. 8 wire off the solder pad..

Sorry to have been a pain in the a*^%.

Resoldered the wire back on securely and tested the Wii before putting it back together.

Lessons learnt:

1) Never assemble something until it has been tested first...

2) Repeat lesson 1.

Everything is working fine and from the 3 games I have tried they all appear to work fine, even using my cheap media.

Well, now it is all systems go I need to go get myself some discs that say Verbatim 16x on them.

razuraw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys,

I have just installed my Wiinja v2 chip today and everything seemed to go fine.

The chip is installed correctly as per the diagrams on the Wiinja website and the solder joints are good as far as I can tell.

However the Wii will play original games, but none of my backups.

When I put a backup in the Wii, it does not spit it out or anything, but when you select the Disc Channel icon it just says that it cannot read the disc.

Does this mean that the Wiinja is installed correctly and that I just have a problem with my media type/burning method, as I thought that the Wii ejected any discs that it did not like normally?

I am currently trying a different backup burned at a different speed, but only have one brand of DVD-R discs that I can use.

Any help would be appreciated.

where and how much did you buy it for also are you getting any dre's. also how can you tell if its v1 or v2?

ancient_imhotep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@razuraw: I got mine from www.cheapmod.net. They are currently listing two versions for sale on their website, a version 1 chip and the version 2 chip. There is a difference in price of about £2.00 more for the v2 chip.

Not sure how to tell if you receive a v2 chip, only thing I do know is that Cheapmod.net are the cheapest place to buy from in the UK, have super fast delivery (I picked Special Delivery and got mine the very next day), they have great customer service and I am sure that if you purchased a chip and it did not work they swap it over for you without problems (although to be honest I don't think they would ship you a v1 instead of a v2).

I do not know about DREs at the moment, as I only finished the install at about 11.30pm last night and only had time to test loading of 3 games - not to play them yet.

The initial response looks good, with the disc being detected first time around and the games loading at the same speed as a normal disc.

However I need to do some more testing using some Verbatim discs that I am getting towards the end of the week. I will post back my results once I have had a better chance to play with the games.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just a warning about CMC Magnetics discs - they're some of the lowest quality media
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s