Wiinja install, be careful using hot glue!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jpx86, Feb 10, 2007.

Feb 10, 2007
  1. jpx86
    OP

Newcomer jpx86 Advanced Member

This applies to any modchip really. When I installed my wiinja at first I applied hot glue over the points before testing... bad idea. One of my connection was loose I guess and it didn't work. Trying to pick that stuff off the board is possible, but it is really hard to get it up easily. When I finally pulled up some of it, it pulled up one wire and pulled off the pad I had soldered to! Luckily you can follow the trace up to the Panasonic chip and solder directly to it. Works great now, just tried Trauma Center and Warioware on Imation 16x dvd-r burned at 8x speed.

If you are going to use hot glue to cover the solder points, I highly recommend you test first!!!

2. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    A great reason to simply put a piece of electric tape over the contact points and the chip instead of glue.

3. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    Seconded. Hot glue is too bulky and clunky to use. Plus, it's difficult to work with after setting.

4. jpx86
    OP

Newcomer jpx86 Advanced Member

Yes just use electrical tape! I have done PS1, 2, and xbox installs and never used hot glue before. The only reason I did this time was because I had time on my hands yesterday evening and I couldn't pick up my chip from the post office until today... so I saw a lot of videos with people doing it, so I did to. Bad idea.

5. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I have found that the hot glue isn't that hard to remove. It might be different on circuit boards. Everything its gone on for me it easily comes off.

6. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    A hair drier or hot air gun makes removing hot glue (and most other glue) much easier.

7. LaGzoR

Newcomer LaGzoR Advanced Member

France
    You tried WarioWare PAL ? (pi-wwsm.r**)
    Or a NTSC ?