Wiinja In House at GBAtemp

hereticorp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you guys also post some details about the serial so we can figure out someway of determining what chipset it has externally.

It's unlikely that an external serial number would change due to a different chipset used in the DVD drive, the mainboard revision is the same regardless and they're not actually different model DVD drives.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the poor wii has been gutted like a fish
laugh.gif

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
Feels like getting ANY of the 3 Wii chips announced so far would be a hasty decision...
You KNOW multiregion chips with some other crap I can't even begin to consider are just a matter of months, if not weeks...
Oh well, I would to ask if it's hard to install for those with little soldering experience.

miniCooperS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that is the big question is it possible if you have no experience at al

Is it possible? Yes. Is it a good idea though? Probably not.

It really depends on how careful you can be. I personally haven't soldered in a while, and I've got shaky hands (damn caffeine), so I'm gonna take an old network card or something and practice a bit.

ciama81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The last time I soldered was when I installed the backlight into my gba. Just don't use too much solder, and you're fine. Oh, and grow a third arm
wink.gif

DarkKiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Woo! Have'nt posted in a while, but this is simply great. I really think a review is great!
Also, I'm going to receive my chip from Wiinjamod.com, but I'm not sure if it's reliable at all. Wiinja's site of resellers shows (Denmark) but is in reality (Netherlands). So, damn.

Jannibal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same here, we Sweeds want region free! Tired of waiting weeks/months for the damn translations.

Are there actual translations in Swedish? For what purpose? I thought you people all spoke pretty good English (except that Swedes is spelled Swedes heh...) !
Anyway, maybe this will make me sound like a VG fascist, but I've always thought that if you can't speak basic English, you should quit videogames...
huh.gif

We Swedes have no problem with the English in the games. It's the French, German and Spanish people that always want the games translated, which forces the rest of the european PAL-region to wait for the games to be translated. As the other swedes have already mentioned, we're waiting for the region-free chips.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Woo! Have'nt posted in a while, but this is simply great. I really think a review is great!
Also, I'm going to receive my chip from Wiinjamod.com, but I'm not sure if it's reliable at all. Wiinja's site of resellers shows (Denmark) but is in reality (Netherlands). So, damn.
Not really, taking the cover off is really where it stops (the only thing that is really left is removing the shielding + the drive itself).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)