tomm2cool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know I can't do too much talking, since I don't know all the details, but how hard is it for the WiiD to take Wiinja's new firmware and make it their own?

I already ordered my Cyclowiz, but I feel bad for a few friends of mine that have WiiD's and ain't givin' up the cash for a new chip.

And if the WiiD company themselves won't make the update, how easy is it for some "Robin Hood of the Underground" to make the update?
biggrin.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Very hard. Proprietary code locked into a chip that would cost literally thousands of dollars to read the data off of, then the whole issue of reverse engineering the update to see what's different.... yeah, it is difficult.

tomm2cool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Very hard. Proprietary code locked into a chip that would cost literally thousands of dollars to read the data off of, then the whole issue of reverse engineering the update to see what's different.... yeah, it is difficult.
Thanks for the reply. So I guess if it ain't comin' from the WiiD. It ain't comin'. Ill be an official Cyclowiz user in 2 weeks.
biggrin.gif
But I have read on alot of sites, the WiiD uses the actual Wiinja firmware for their chip.
unsure.gif

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you could try the wiinja deluxe upgrade 4? the wiid looks very similair to the wiinja deluxe... also with their firmware updates, it adds exactly the same features as the wiinja deluxe did...

tomm2cool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you could try the wiinja deluxe upgrade 4? the wiid looks very similair to the wiinja deluxe... also with their firmware updates, it adds exactly the same features as the wiinja deluxe did...
I know a few people tried it already, but is there a specific way it should be burned? I don't believe it will work by just using any burn software so would I use GCOS or another method?
unsure.gif

D

Deleted-98012

Eh, its just a ISO man. As long as you burn it as a DVD and not a CD, it will work.

I am about to try it in a few mins when i update my Wii to 3.0j

D

Deleted-98012

Interesting, but I would say it is because they wrote it as a CD, and not a DVD cause when you open the ISO, at least in Nero anyway, it says its a CD ISO.

Which co-incidently everyone is what the Wiid ISO does also. However thats not really a large co-incidence.

My Wii is taking ages to update its firmware but will try wiinja once its done. I have written the ISO already.

Do I need to be on 3.1J for this to work? I think the one I am downloading on the Wii is 3.0j now.

D

Deleted-98012

I had a look on the forums and I believe the update for Wiinja is the same as Wiid. It will just say not recognise disc. I am quite sure tohugh that it is reading something before it says that, so I think it did it.

Now I just need to burn a copy of Mario unpatched. And another copy of regionfree and brickblocker I tihnk.

D

Deleted-98012

Well I tohught it had updated, but I wasnt sure.

I can get the 101 error booting the game now at least. Before it was only a black screen.

The drive when reading the update disc for Wiinja just made some weiord noises and after a while I got a error screen. Not sure if it was a Wii nintendo one or Wiinja as it was in japanese.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end