Hacking Wiinja Deluxe

kend7510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been reading up on different chips, and it seems that Wiinja Deluxe is the best one with all the features I need(audio fix, region override, dual layer support, disable function, dvd upgradable).

I am however concerned if it has any cons I'm not aware of. One thing did came to mind: what is it disc reading speed? Is it 6x like the wii default reading speed?

Thanks in advance.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In my opinion region free (what good it does) is not important as it can just as easily be implemented with a patch.

Disable function: a switch to do the same job costs less than a pack of sweets.

Dual layer: edit, guess I missed the update ( http://www.wiinja.com/utils/wu3.rar ). Only of real use to homebrew and GC games though.

Audiofix: to the best of my knowledge it works on the GC games (which include some great titles) that require it. No patch with the same functionality exists outside of chips either (there is a less than brilliant patching technique though.

DVD upgrade: ease of use I guess.

To my knowledge the read speed is not upped like some other chips but in all truth it will not affect anything.

This being said if money were no object (which it arguably should be in these situations) then it would be between this and the cyclowiz, failing that a homebrew chip would be my next port of call.

Cons: it is a drivechip which means it may become obsolete at some point in the future, I am not sure about the new Wii firmware updates but in all truth I have not been following the situation.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the wiinja deluxe and its perfect
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: probably watched one too YT vids bout old grannies