Hacking Wiinja - Can it boot NTSC-J and NTSC-U?

Renegade_R

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This question has been asked many times here but no one has seemed to give a straight answer. Now that people have the Wiinja in their Wiis, I want to know whether a NTSC-U console can boot the NTSC-J games. This seems to be an 'advertised' feature of the Wiikey and it may just be a side effect of how these chips works.

So what I basically want to know is that whether anyone with a North American NTSC console with a Wiinja managed to successfully boot a Japanese NTSC game.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, guess I'm not getting a Wiinja unless they come out with a new revision that does this.

Then again, since I don't have a Wii yet, I must have to wait for a new revision anyway, since anymore I think there are only units being produced that will have an incompatible drivechip with the current modchips.

Renegade_R

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright that's all I needed to know...sucks to know too
frown.gif

Hope WiiKey isn't vaporware.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
I would have thought there would be something that could be easily patched in the ISO to make Japanese games boot on a North American console but I guess not. I even tried editing the region bytes in the disc and file headers in the ISO but no luck. I guess this Wiinja will be coming out in a week or two and a Wiikey going in.
wink.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would have thought there would be something that could be easily patched in the ISO to make Japanese games boot on a North American console but I guess not. I even tried editing the region bytes in the disc and file headers in the ISO but no luck. I guess this Wiinja will be coming out in a week or two and a Wiikey going in.Â
wink.gif

We can't edit Wii ISOs yet since it invalidates the digital signature. GC games didn't have this protection so that's why it could be done on GC games.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wii images are signed so once you change 1 byte you loose the signature and it wont boot.

thats why we still dont have wii homebrew...

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat