Wiininja Deluxe clones?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jalaneme, Jun 29, 2007.

Jun 29, 2007

Wiininja Deluxe clones? by jalaneme at 3:14 PM (690 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. jalaneme
    OP

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    are they as good as the real deal? i can only buy and fit the chip in the UK, i can't answer this question on the official forums because they don't support "clones" has anyone ever fitted a clone ninja deluxe into their Wii, what was their experience like? were they ok with gamecube original games aswell?

i've heard the "clones" are some kind of homebrew mod, can anyone tell me what this means? and will wii backup games still work regardless if this is a homebrew mod clone type chip?

has anyone had problems playing wii games or gamecube games being skippy while using a clone wiininja deluxe modchip?

2. jalaneme
    OP

United Kingdom
    can someone help me out because i need to make a decision by next week, why? because:

i have 30+ legit gamecube games and i need a modchip that can handle them all, i have read that the ninja deluxe can handle these although i have no idea if the clone is the same quality as the orignal.

i am thinking of getting a Wiikey but my budget would be over limit if i do that... and there is the annoyance of playing all my cube games on my old cube through composite cables on my LCD HDTV 32" and man it really would look ugly [​IMG] as cube audio fix is not supported on the Wiikey.

i can't make decisions by myself as there is no reviews out there and the ones that i have found have outdated information, so that don't help, there is no reviews for the Wiininja clones either and i can't ask on the ninja forums because they don't support clones.

i am really playing Russian roulette blind here gambling and guessing which chip is best from no experience in using either or from any personal opinion doesn't help at all.

3. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    I can't say much about Wiinja Deluxe clones, but I've made some Wiinja V2 clones, and they work just fine with GC audio problematic games, plus the Wii backups booted with no problems and no video skipping in WarioWare. The only difference with Wiinja V2 and Deluxe is that Deluxe can be updated via DVD right? Well if that's true, just either buy a clone V2, or build one yourself, because not too many more features are ever going to be available for these drive chips.

4. jalaneme
    OP

United Kingdom
    i have no idea how to build one myself, nor do i have any soldering skills, but thanks for your reply anyway.