WiiN64 has a chance to run 100%

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Hellfromabove, Jun 1, 2008.

Jun 1, 2008
  1. Hellfromabove
    OP

Newcomer Hellfromabove Advanced Member

United States
    I don't know why people are doubting that WiiN64 will not be able to run 100%. I mean look at the PSP, I never saw the N64 emu for it until last night and it was running very fucking smooth. It has the same processing power as and over clocked PS2, I believe, yet the Wii has over 2 fold of that. Hopefully, if we give it 6 months to a year, we will see some solid Golden Eye action.

2. kokiri_link

Member kokiri_link GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Not just that, but if you take into consideration the Wii is very similar to the Xbox in terms of specs, then yes, theres a great chance it'll run 100% eventually [​IMG]

3. elfsander

Member elfsander GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    In fact, what are N64 VC games? Yes. They are emulated!

4. Deletable_Man

Member Deletable_Man Old Man

United States
    I don't really see the point of this topic. Of course it has a chance of running well, but will it? Depends on how dedicated the coder is and how little he reads forums where retards go around calling his emulator "crappy". Too close to home for some of you?

5. Critical_Impact

Member Critical_Impact GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    While sure it has the power, the main issue is getting someone to code the emulator. Unfortunately that is where the problem lies for most emulators.

6. Volsfan91

Member Volsfan91 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I walked in here wanting a good thesis paper on how this would be achieved.

DENIED.

7. Hellfromabove
    OP

Newcomer Hellfromabove Advanced Member

United States
    Well, unless I am mistaken, it seems that the coder(s) for this emu are pretty dedicated. Hopefully it stays that way.

P.S.: Point of the topic was to try and stop the bashing of N64 emulation not ever working. I believe it was on these boards that I read a thread of every person just keep saying that it would never happen and that WiiN64 was a waste of time.

8. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Aha, how is anything gonna get anywhere if it just get bashed? Silly naysayers who say it won't work...
    I'm content with using my PC for N64 emulation for now anyway. I don't know why everyone makes such a fuss personally.

9. MizuhoChan

Member MizuhoChan GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    We just have to believe in the heart of the emulator and it'll work fine. I'm playing Goldeneye as we speak.

No, really!

10. link459

Member link459 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You do realize it wasn't always like that, right? It used to be even SLOWER than Wii64.

They have to start somewhere and build up. Have some patience...

Or, if you want, go code your own emulator for Wii, we'll see how fast you can get it up to %100. [​IMG]

11. Social0

Member Social0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    The only reason why I see the need for a good N64 for Wii is the possibility of added motion controls for existing games.

12. Sir Spanky

Member Sir Spanky GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Which sounds pretty near to impossible, unless you hack the actual rom to pieces.

13. MizuhoChan

Member MizuhoChan GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Or just change the controls...

For example, Mario Kart. Left = Left. So change it to left = tilting it left. And so on.

14. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    Not really, although unless someone develops a motion sensing plug-in, we'd have to rely on some sort of scripting language (kind of like GlovePIE) for motion sensing, unless some pre-set motion controls are packed in (which, isn't farfetched at all, in the long run).

Anyway, Wii N64 easily has the potential, it all depends on the coder.

15. Arakon

Member Arakon GBAtemp Fan

Germany

in this case it would result in: "tilting the wiimote 1° to the left, i.e. while taking a breath" = smashing into the left wall cause you pulled all the way left. you can't simply "translate" analog directions like that. wiimote tilting needs to be calibrated so it knows the "zero" position in the first place, for example.

16. Jim~

Member Jim~ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Make the wiimote tilt translate into the N64 controller's analog stick's with a slight deadzone? I don't see why that wouldn't work. :S

17. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    I think wiin64 should end up pretty good, all n64 emulators still have problems with specific games, but who knows.. the VC may offer some insights to emulating it.

18. teq

Member teq GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Once Excitebike 64 or Star Wars Rogue Squadron hits VC, an N64 emulator will be pretty trivial.

Both of those games supported the Expansion Pak, which is the key to running games like Perfect Dark.

Aside from Sin and Punishment, they're really only releasing titles that use engines modelled after Mario 64... which came nowhere near Rare's engine.

19. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    uhh the psp n64 emulator is far from 100%, especially with sound enabled. I'd keep my hopes up for the VC like teq said

20. ganons

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    wtf what did u n64 game u play on psp that ran smooth? try zelda and post back