Hardware Wiimote's no longer sync - at all.

zebrax0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had a Sundriver from the D2SUN group in my Wii for a long while now.

It has worked well, until the other day - when we tried testing Metroid Other M and some other dual layer content. Went to power the Wii unit up, and the Sun Driver made some unusual clicking noises and would no longer allow the Wii to power up. We tried quite a few things, then gave up - and removed the Sun Driver unit, then put the normal optical drive back in the Wii.

Unfortunately, it seems that Wii no longer allows Wiimotes to be sync'ed to it, and the unit has lost all it's time/BIOS/clock settings after the removal of the Sun Driver.

We've tried everything to get the Wiimote's to sync with the wii (all the hold for 20 second tricks, the 1+2 tricks, pairing with other consoles etc), but it appears (somehow) that whatever the Sun Driver did, seemingly damaged the wii. From what we can see, this isn't a bluetooth module issue with the wii either, because Wii's bootpath will actually not allow boot if a BT module has failed.

We are wondering if anyone has any suggestions about what could have gone wrong, or why the Sun Driver simply no longer starts. At this stage, it appears to have failed, and damaged our test wii in the process, or at very least, something is quite wrong in software. To that end, I have read stories of people doing odd things to System Menu IOS (IOS30?) that have damaged BT Control and syncing. Anyone familiar with that?

Thoughts/suggestions/ideas? At this stage, it's feeling like a mighty "semi-bricked" wii if the wiimotes can't talk to the unit!

Thanks for your time.

z

zebrax0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
koji2009 said:
Do you have a nand backup? Have you tried restoring that if you can?

Tried it. No love
frown.gif

Also used NUS downloader to put on fresh instances od sys menu 4.2E and IOS70, IOS36.

Now I've got a start screen that says "press A to begin", but obviously, I can't press A, because the wiimotes just won't sync...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zebrax0r said:
koji2009 said:

Tried it. No love
frown.gif

Also used NUS downloader to put on fresh instances od sys menu 4.2E and IOS70, IOS36.

Now I've got a start screen that says "press A to begin", but obviously, I can't press A, because the wiimotes just won't sync...

That screen should go away after 1-2 min. Then you are in the system menu, and you should try syncing the wii motes with the red buttons. But from you wrote i think you tried that already.

zebrax0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
zebrax0r said:
koji2009 said:

Tried it. No love
frown.gif

That screen should go away after 1-2 min. Then you are in the system menu, and you should try syncing the wii motes with the red buttons. But from you wrote i think you tried that already.

Yes
frown.gif
. Tried cboot2 --> Gecko OS to try and boot a game, but get a black freeze screen every time...

Not sure where to from here. Feeling quite stuck.

z

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had similar problems once, but going to system menu and holding the wii's red button for 30 secs solved it. I think that only works in system menu, maybe not even the system menu's health screen.

But i think my issue was related to messing with files on nand and you said you did restore a nand backup, so again, i doubt this helps.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've had this problem a long time ago, wiimotes not connecting.

This is how I fixed it:
- Unplug the wii from the wall
- Leave it unplugged for 30minutes
- Remove the batteries from both wiimotes
- After +/- 3 minutes, put the batteries back in
- Replug the wii, and turn it on
- Press the synch button on wiimote 1
- Press synch button on wii
- wiimote 1 connected
- Press the synch button on wiimote 2
- Press synch button on wii

Maybe this will help with your wiimotes too
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap.