Wiimotes Freezing During SSBB

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Rice923, Mar 27, 2008.

Mar 27, 2008
  1. Rice923
    OP

Member Rice923 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My Wiimote and nunchuck occassionally freeze and not respond in the middle of a SSBB game. It also happened on my friends wii, which is not modded. All hardware works fine on other games btw. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and how it can be fixed.

2. Mike234

Newcomer Mike234 Member

Netherlands
    Did you check your battery, is it full or low??

3. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    Haven't happened to me so far. Never tried wiimote + nunchuk controller though. Only wiimote. :|
    Try to turn wiimote upsidedown and then hit it with your hand. It worked for me sometimes when it was doing some weird stuff. :S

4. Rice923
    OP

United States
    Batteries are full.

Wii is 3.1U, with 1.9g wiikey firmware if it helps. The wiimote and nunchuck are still connected to the wii, because the lights of the wiimote are still normal. I can simply reconnect the nunchuck and everything works again (for a minute or two), but this really gets in the way of enjoying such a good game. Since nobody else commented on this, I'm guessing im the only person with this problem.

I'll try the 1.9s update to see if it fizes the problem.

5. finite

Member finite GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Very unlikely that the a modchip update will do anything at all. Are the handsets properly synced in standard mode?

6. Rice923
    OP

United States
    What is considered standard mode? My usual method of sync would be to press the connect button on the wii, and then pressing the conect button on the controller.

7. finite

Member finite GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom