Wiimote wants to blow up?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by .AeRiaL., Mar 27, 2016.

1. .AeRiaL.
    OP

.AeRiaL. Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2016
    Hello,

I have a wiimote that i'm troubleshooting where if batteries are in it any sort whether it is LR6, NiMH it will get extremely hot on the speaker bit within seconds and I would take the batteries out to see what is the problem but it cools down too quickly to find out what. Keep in mind I also tested with the speaker off and it still gets hot there. Is it possible to put some water on there and let it dry for a couple days?

I believe coffee or something was once spilled on it by accident, but it still worked for years and it was like this when we received it from a friend a couple years ago. These are normal classic white wiimotes not wiiplus just ya normal wiimote.

Any help will be appreciated. All the chips look in perfect condition including the capacitor. I believe this coffee got it's way through the speaker hole. I will provide pictures if needed.

Thanks.

UPDATE 1: Now it's being picky on which batteries it wants to get hot on. NiMH are making it go hot 1.2v specifically; R6P 1.5v batteries don't do anything nor does it make it work. I tried LR6 with 1.5v and it seems to make it go hot. I'm confused. What drugs is this wiimote on?

Last edited by .AeRiaL., Mar 27, 2016
  2. MichaelJohnMoye

MichaelJohnMoye Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2012
    United States
    On Your Hard Drive
    i use NiMH batteries and i don't experience this type of problem, what is the brand of battery you are using?, maybe there is a faulty connection on the board

3. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Fox Princess

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    If it blows up can you record it and put it on YT?

4. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    If nothing seems to work, try picking up a preowned Wii for $44 AUD from ebgames. It comes with wii remote (probably not with motion plus built in), nunchuck and of course a Wii console. Cheaper than getting a new wii remote for $60 AUD. And as with the remote, you probably damaged the circuit board, and your probably shorting some resistor connection, but I could be wrong.