Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi i picked up a wee today
biggrin.gif

Well i got it home and unpacked it hooked it all together turned it on and the first thing i noticed was that the wiimote didnt work i had to synch it to the wii to get it to work. I then decided to set up my wireless conection so went into Wii Shop. I then noticed wen it loaded up the wee shop the remote turned off and nothing i could do would get it to work untill i did another synch with the wii. Now every time i turn on the wii i have to synch up the mote to the console and again everytime i go into any option like to play a game or go into wii shop the mote stops working. Has anyone had a problem like this? I cant even tell if its the remote or the console as everywhere has sold out of the wiimotes. The only good thing is once im in a game the remote stays working till i come out of it then it stops working again.

TheFreak

Trophies
XP
Country
It might be a dodgy remote but also check your surroundings to make sure there is nothing there that might cause a conflict with the remote. I had problems with the sound in mine at a friends house and it seemed to be related to a Sky remote thing that allowed you to control sky all over the house. It also had some syncing problems too.

Also try new batteries, perhaps the ones you got with the wii are faulty

yatzr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it sounds like the temporary sync to me. the temporary 1+2 sync sucks. I've taken remotes to other wii's before and it's too much hassle. it's so much easier just to press the red button and be golden until you're done.

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You DO use the red sync buttons, don't you? Not the temporary 1+2 sync?

This man is correct. Read the manual & use the red button on the WII near the SD card slot & the red button in the battery compartment on the WIImote. ALSO - make sure you have new batteries in there. You might also want to bring that WIImote to a friend's & see if it does the same there. If so, get it replaced. Start with the RED BUTTON sync first. Then new batteries (who knows how long the supplied ones sat before getting bundled with the Wii).

charliehorse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You DO use the red sync buttons, don't you? Not the temporary 1+2 sync?

This man is correct. Read the manual & use the red button on the WII near the SD card slot & the red button in the battery compartment on the WIImote. ALSO - make sure you have new batteries in there. You might also want to bring that WIImote to a friend's & see if it does the same there. If so, get it replaced. Start with the RED BUTTON sync first. Then new batteries (who knows how long the supplied ones sat before getting bundled with the Wii).

Yes i have been using the red buttons to synch the WIImote to the console in fact the 1+2 buttons dont work for me at all. When i turn on the console the only way i can get the WIImote to work is by pressing the red buttons on the controller and the console otherwise i cant get past the warning screen. Its realy anoying but at least once its in a game it seems to work ok. I also replaced the batteries as soon as i realized i had a problem so i know its not them. Guess i will have to take back the controller for a replacement.

yatzr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you may be able to call nintendo and have them ship you a replacement. a friend of mine had a defective remote that came with his system and nintendo shipped him a new one right away and then he shipped the bad one to them after he got the new one. I don't know if they'll do that for you though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?