Wiimote only works close to TV

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Reboot, Dec 31, 2010.

Dec 31, 2010

Wiimote only works close to TV by Reboot at 2:30 AM (1,643 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Reboot
    OP

Member Reboot GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Quick question:
    How far away from the TV should the wiimote work?
    I thought before I could go further then 5ft, but now, I have to be 5ft or closer for the cursor to appear. Buttons work when i'm further away.
    I've tried a few different wii motes, and a different wii, but all with the same sensor bar (only had the wii itself to mod)

I could have sworn I used to be able to sit further away, am I just crazy, or is my sensor bar going out?

Its not the batteries. Tried some new duracels... Also tried playing with the sensor bar sensativity, no luck

Anyone?

2. gamerjr

Member gamerjr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Check under the wii settings for the sesitivity for the wiimote. (under wii menu settings). I can't actually imagine it working at like 5 ft. Do you have candles or something giving off inferred around your tv by chance?

3. Reboot
    OP

Member Reboot GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Stupid christmas lights. They were accross the room, but I guess that was enough. Working better now that they are off :\

4. steve-p

Member steve-p GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    lol - wii looks for a line of lights - look at your "sensor" bar with a cellfone, night-vision or digital cam.
    it's just a bunch of infra-red led's