Wiimote not detected, cannot use homebrew installers

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by shattacrew, Sep 1, 2009.

1. shattacrew
    OP

Newcomer shattacrew Member

United States
    Hello, my wii seems screwed, I hope someone here could help me. I have searched everywhere for a solution before coming here. I tried upgrading my wii from 3.2U to 4.1 the other day and reached a hurdle I cannot cross. I have successfully installed bootmii on boot2, so I could run homebrew apps but most of the apps out there, require you to use the wiimote to accept or decline installation, this is where my problem is. My wii is not picking up the wimote. I could use the gamecube controller, I have tried it with a modified version of wad Manager. I found some packages online that could unbrick the wii and reinstall system menu etc. but they all include tools which require the wiimote.
    Is there an autoinstaller or fixer that once executed, need no further commands by the user? Or are a list of these programs somewhere that can be used with the GC controller?
    Please Help ME??

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Most common reasons for wiimote problems:
    - low batteries(i'm not kidding!)
    - wii mote is NOT hardsynced to the Wii
    - you have cioscorp installed

i hope this helps

3. shattacrew
    OP

United States
    Thanks for your quick response. Here are my replies.

- low batteries(i'm not kidding!)
    My batteries are new, an i tried replacing them

- wii mote is NOT hardsynced to the Wii
    It is synced, i could startup my wii with the wiimote, the wiimote blinks then cuts off after boot up.

- you have cioscorp installed
    If this is installed, how could i remove it?

Thanks againe for your help

4. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    U can remove cioscorps by running ios downgrader or by updating to a newer wii firmware. U shld know if u have cioscorps though. Can u play ba lips straight from disk channel? If yes u have cioscorps

5. ViciousXUSMC

Newcomer ViciousXUSMC Advanced Member

United States
    When i corrupted my system menu I messed up the part of the wii that lets the wiimote sync, you may be in the same situation.

Nothing I did would get it to work in the homebrew channel and I had no system menu because it was corrupt. Because I had bootmii I could boot into HBC then use my gamecube controller to boot neogamma and play a game, once the game booted the wiimote would pair and work again. So I confirmed the wii & wiimote work but it had a system menu issue.

I never did fix that wii, but if yours is not totally screwed like mine the main thing you will need is a gamecube controller and the modified 1.5 wadmanager that has support for the gamecube controller so you can install the wads you may need to fix your wii.

I hope at some point all homebrew supports gamecube controllers as a norm.

6. shattacrew
    OP

United States
    @jabmaster2, I cannot even get into the system menu to see the channels.

@ViciousXUSMC, I haven't tried booting a game yet, i'll give it a try later. What wads should i install, I have the modified wad manager for use with GC controller.

7. ViciousXUSMC

Newcomer ViciousXUSMC Advanced Member

United States
    I am not sure because I do not know your situation.

If you have a NAND backup with bootmii use that.

8. shattacrew
    OP

United States
    I don't have a NAND backup of my files.... I'm really screwed aren't I. Is it possible to remove all the previous system menu files and reinstall it with the WAd Manager?

9. playingsolitare

Newcomer playingsolitare Member

United States
    Eek. I don't think you want to remove anything. Just install over it.

10. shattacrew
    OP

United States
    I've fixed it!!!!!

Thanks for your input all. I'll just input here what i did to fix this so that if anyone else has this problem they know what they could try.

First and foremost this was all possible because I had Bootmii installed on NAND.

Download a file called "GC controller brickfix.rar" , I haven't linked it cause i don't know if this is allowed. Google it. It's a small file no bigger than 400 kb. It contains two programs and the instructions. My problem was that my "setting.txt" was missing or corrupted. One of the program is a WAD installer that allows input by GC controller. This allows you to install the System Menu. I installed 3.2U since this was easy to exploit. The other program looks for the "setting.txt" in the program folder on your SD card and copy it over or insert if missing on your NAND.

When this was completed, system menu boots up as if you had just bought a wii and turned it on. After this I installed 4.1 and Cioscorp and could not be happier.

Thanks again guys, and if any part wasn't clear let me edit and make it better.

11. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    Glad you got it fixed
    but how does having cioscorp installed interfere with the WiiMote's working haven't seen that bug mentioned anywere before?

12. shattacrew
    OP

United States
    I have no Idea, that was suggested, no I know HBC or almost all homebrew installers & loaders will not function if something is wrong with the System Menu. The wiimote needs to initialize first and this is done by the System Menu and games. Yeah, I forgot to mention that i could have played games with the backup launcher, using the wiimote. All other homebrew could not detect wiimote.

13. Bookwormz13971

Member Bookwormz13971 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    shattacrew I was having the same problem and you may have just helped me. Right now I am about to go eat dinner but afterwards I will try your tips. (Although I am really thankful I am posting this so I can just go to my page and click on posts to get to this topic if your wondering why I would post without trying it yet.)

14. Bookwormz13971

Member Bookwormz13971 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well I am stuck and can't seem to find the rar anywhere and I had this brilliant idea of looking in youtube for anything and it said down for maintenance... Maybe I am getting a sign