Takrin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
didnt see it mentioned here (although it prob was) so i'll share my experience. decided to mod my wiimote since someone wanted to know how to open the wiimote, i thought about modding it forever but opened it to take a picture and i saw my led sitting there so i just performed the mod. i have to say it was more pain then soldering modchip onto a wii, or the panasonic chip then modding a wiimote. removing smd, soldering back on another led (mine was too big so gave me more trouble) also soldering wires for the A button to light up.

nunchuck mod was quite easy though, i had to use 2 led since mine were gimpy cheap low intensity 3mm led.

heres my photos
litup.jpg

nunchuck2.jpg

tutorials found here
http://www.wiimotestraps.com/?page_id=18
http://www.wiicade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1726

Takrin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Very nice, you don't happen to know where I can find a guide on how to replace the front LED on the Wii as well?

heres a guide for you, sorry if its not too detailed

-----

faceplate from the Wii,
DSC01230.jpg

then remove the 3 screws holding the black plastic peice in place
screws.jpg

then move the plastic peice aside and the led section should become free
DSC01236.jpg

remove the left LED here and replace
DSC01238.jpg

remove the right LED here and replace
DSC01237.jpg

these are right angle led or whatever their called if you dont have any just solder your smd led on its side heres the picture showing the led and the clear plastic reflector
DSC01240.jpg

heres mine, led is on its side so it points it at the clear plastic peice (ignore the wire, i ripped my pad off with a x-acto)
be careful when removing smd those pads are really small and easy to tear think perhaps maybe smaller then mod chip points maybe
liftedpad.jpg

finsiehd product glowing next to wiimote
glow.jpg

Takrin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nice very nice-- how did you do the wiimote takrin?

basicly did the multi color led mod without multi color leds tutorial link on first post, mine were also cheap ebay smd led (5 bucks for 100 led shipped) wish i got high intensity led that cost a tiny bit more

heres a picture of mine, kinda sloppy but i just wanted to get it over with
wiimoteinside.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...