Hardware Wiimote losing connectivity

primulas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii, softmodded it using the simplistic guide about 1.5 months ago. Running USBloader on it. We just downloaded a fixed NSMB. With this game our Wiimote keeps randomly losing connectivity. It seems to be worse when playing multiplayer. I've tried unplugging the wii and manually resyncing. We also have wireless rock band instruments, wireless gamecube controllers, our usb HDD, and a 2 port charger dock plugged in via a USB multi-tap. Up until this game everything we have tried seemed to work wonderfully.

What things should i try? Could it be an IOS issue?

thanks much guys

-Prim

Rev2k7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have same problem i got a hardmodded wii i dont think its mod part , but im not sure whats problem it killed me in nsmb and killed my bro all time but he may just suck lol. but im looking for whats wrong too.

blahdc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm same probelms here I think. I have noticed whenever I'm holding down the "1" button to run for a long period of time it will dissconect the controller. It does this for the first five minutes or so then it will stay on. Still really annoying, makes you want to chuck the controller out the window.

ApolloCheese

the shy guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i had the same problem. then i realized it wasn't a "real" disconnect.
as long as you are in 1 player mode the wiimotes keep on disconnecting (except wiimote 1).
as soon as i added another player the wiimotes connected again.
maybe they did it because unused wiimotes don't lose power that way...

edit: i just realized your wiimotes disconnect while playing a level. that didn't happen to me yet...

blahdc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that you mention that about Punch Out I have had that issue in it too. WTF nintendo. Maybe there should be a hack in preloader that disables that feature. would be nice.

primulas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my wiimote flashes all connection lights like it's looking to sync; then goes blank. When i git a button it flashes them all again before it reconnects. It takes about 20 seconds, in all; by which time i am usually dead. I'll try loading the game with diffrent ios' and see if it makes a difference. I think right now i'm using cios 222 or 223.

-Prime.

primulas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used regular energizer rechargeable and my dock rechargeable packs, with the same results. Here is one thing i have noticed. It seems like it only does it to me on games where i hold the wiimote sideways. I'll see if it still does it when we both play NSMB with wiimote+nunchuck later. Games i have had randomly use connectivity include, punch out, NSMB, and smash bros. All while holding the wiimote sideways....hmmmmmmm?

I'll try to test it out later today.

-Prim

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
blahdc said:
Is anyone having this problem witha purchased copy of the game?
Right Here

i did teh dirty work.

toot.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning