Wiimote loses sync after a few minutes

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by syst3merror, Jan 9, 2010.

Jan 9, 2010
  1. syst3merror
    OP

Member syst3merror GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok, my brother just bought a brand new wii for himself and his fiance and wanted me to hack his after he seen mine running the USB loader.
    I went over to his house and hacked it using the guide to mod any wii 4.2 and below.
    I got the USB loader installed and working and we played a few games before I left and came home.

Now, yesterday he calls me and let me know that they bought a brand new wii controller (the new black one with wii motion plus included) and that once they play a game for a few minutes, the black controller always loses sync and they have to manually sync it up again.

I suggested removing the wii motion plus accessory, which they did, but it didn't seem to help.

My question is: Is there a cios that might be causing this? I didn't know if a bad install of a cios might cause a wiimote to lose sync or what might be the cause. I've tried troubleshooting him over the phone but can't figure anything else out.

If anyone has some suggestions that I can shoot his way, please let me know so I can relay the message until I can get back over there. (been busy with work/family/life/weather so I haven't been there in a few days)

2. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    Obvious question: Are the batteries fresh and/or fully charged?

3. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=200015

when you sync a wiimote to the wii, there is the ID of the wiimote saved in the wii, and also the ID of the wii in the wiimote. if both don't keep this data, then it becomes unsynced. and if this happens regularly, you should send the wiimote to nintendo to replace it.

4. syst3merror
    OP

Member syst3merror GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yes, brand new batteries in a brand new controller

ok, after talking to him just a little while ago, I guess it stopped doing it so for the time being this issue is resolved.

Thanks guys for taking the time to read my post and offer suggestions.