Wiimote cutting out.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Saturnplanet5, Dec 20, 2006.

Dec 20, 2006

Wiimote cutting out. by Saturnplanet5 at 12:39 PM (1,789 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Saturnplanet5
    OP

Member Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I updated the weather channel in Australia, went to use it and my Wiimote cut out and turned itself off and wouldn't turn back on. All I got when I pushed the A button was flashing blue lights then nothing. Now after the update my Wiimote cuts out at random intervals even after putting fresh batteries in. I have to disconnect the Wii from the power and turn it back on to get it working again. Has anyone else had/having this problem in Australia or any other part of the world?

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    try to resynch it with hardware method.

Open the SD cover on the wii, and the battery cover on your wiimote, and push the Synch button on the wii and on the wiimote until it is recognize as 1st, 2nd etc.
    Mine was doing this on wiisports, before the weather update. Now it's working, I don't know if this method corrected the problem, but it don't do it anymore.

note that only a wiimote synch with hardware methode can power on/off a wii.
    the "change order" method on the Wii menu is just temorary synchronising and player order.

3. Saturnplanet5
    OP

Member Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Thanks but I gave that a go before and then went to the Wii shop channel and it did it again for some reason.

4. ndsbob

Newcomer ndsbob Advanced Member

A few minutes ago i had the same problem - after playing wii sports and returning to the main menu the blue lights flashed. i tried to synchron it but it didn't help.
    after some tries i put it of the power too and now it works.

5. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    I noticed mine go out during Zelda, however it was inactive for about 10 or so minutes, so I figured it was merely a power saving feature.

6. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    I had the same thing before I updated for the weather channel. Had it only once, and I also had to powerdown my Wii. No more problems since though...

7. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    That's indeed a power save function [​IMG].

8. Helmut

Member Helmut GBAtemp Regular

France
    This problem happent to me once. I launched Zelda and suddenly my Wiimote was off and when trying to push a button, only flashing leds but no resync. My second Wiimote was working correctly (and sync to channel 1). I had to pull of the power in order to get my first Wiimote to sync again (even resync didn't work).

9. paOol

Member paOol GBAtemp Regular

this happened to me twice.
    both times my friend sat on my couch which is like 2 feet away from my wii. i think its his phone that messes it up because once he moved away and turned off his phone, everything was back to normal.
    both times it worked after he moved and turned off his phone. :wtf:

10. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    Had this happen twice now, too... [​IMG] Only pulling the power cord helps

11. TheFreak

Newcomer TheFreak Newbie

United Kingdom
    Had this happen to me too and a reset fixed it I think. But its possible I moved other things around trying to find the problem and that in turn fixed it. It seems that the Wiiremote is kinda sensitive.

Also for anyone having sound issues with the remote check your surroundings. I brought the Wii to a friends house and the speakers were cutting out and sometimes no sound at all. When I brought it home it worked fine. I know they have one of those TV remote control from anywhere in the house things for there Satellite so I am assuming it caused the interferience but just in case you notice this problem, don't assume the remote is to blame.

Cheers

12. DGTL_Magician

Newcomer DGTL_Magician Newbie

Netherlands
    I had this too. I tought it was in the batteries of the Wiimote. I put a piece of paper on top of the batteries and closed the batterypanel. Now the batteries can't move anymore and the Wiimote does not disconnect anymore.