Wiimote cursor is WAY off!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by lightyear, Oct 5, 2009.

Oct 5, 2009

Wiimote cursor is WAY off!!! by lightyear at 12:15 AM (2,791 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. lightyear
    OP

Member lightyear GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok, so I've got a strange issue here...

My friend needed their Wii softmodded so they brought JUST the console to my house, and I used all my cables & sensor bar...softmodding went through 100%, but when they got their Wii home, they couldn't get the Wiimote cursor to appear on the screen without pointing the Wiimote WAY off to the right...I mean you literally have to point the Wiimote perfectly sideways for the cursor to appear.

I've tried everything I could think of, but I can't figure out what the heck the problem is here.

Here's the console's specs:

SM4.ou
    cIOSCORP v3.4
    cIOS38r14
    preloader .29
    dvdx (from new hackmii 1.0.5...I forget the version that is....)

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Hacks shouldn't affect the sensor bar, none that I know of anyway.

Odds are he damaged his sensor bar port while it was at your house or he damaged his sensor bar. Or his sensor bar could've slipped a little and pointed way off.

Try reconnecting his Wii to your cables to see if it's a software problem or a hardware problem. If it's fine with your cables then his sensor bar is broken.

Did he ever consider pointing the sensor bar so his Wii controller would point like normal?

3. blitzer320

Member blitzer320 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    tell them to point a camera towards the sensor bar and make sure they see both sets of lights

4. lightyear
    OP

United States
    OK, I've tried resetting the senitivity, turning the sensor....this one's a doozy...I plugged the sensor bar in...yeah, you read right...it was unplugged and picked up on both Wiimotes, still....I'm completely puzzled by that one!!!

I'm tempted to re-install SM 4.0 if I can't get anything else to work.

I'm in front of the affected console at my friends' house right now, so fire away with suggestions, please...I just don't have my hardware here.

5. noONE

Member noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweden
    Sounds like there's lot of IR interference, put out close-by lamps and candles and such.
    (you know, there's no data being transferred between the sensor bar and the Wii, it's just a "basic" IR light, so that means your Wiimotes picked up another IR source.)

6. lightyear
    OP

United States
    OMFG you are a god!!!! It was the lights on the fireplace mantle!!!! They acted like a WIRELESS sensor for the Wii. I unplugged the sensor bar, pointed the WiiMote at the lights, and it picked up the pointer. Then while it was pointing at the lights, I turned the lights off, and the pointer went away. I plugged the sensor bar back in, and pointed the WiiMote at the screen, and it WORKED!!!!

So at least now they know that if they break their sensor bar they don't need a new one...they could just put the stupid lamp on top of the TV lol

7. noONE

Member noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweden
    [​IMG]

I just know my Wii basics [​IMG]
    Glad it helped you out.

Yeah, you could always use the fireplace instead of the sensor bar ;P though, you'd probably have to point it way off screen, but.. it works [​IMG]