Wiimote/Bluetooth malfunctioning

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by shivknight, Apr 18, 2008.

Apr 18, 2008
  1. shivknight
    OP

Newcomer shivknight Newbie

United States
    I'm having a strange problem. Neither of my two wiimotes are communicating with the Wii.

I don't really know what happened, as I was successfully using them a few minutes prior, shut the console off, and when I tried to power it on remotely, all I got was blinking blue. I let the warning screen time out to see if the infrared detection was working, but I guess that's not going to work if the remote can't initially connect?

Some stuff to get out of the way: Yes I changed the batteries, yes it's modded.

So, basically I'm thinking it has something to do with the Bluetooth (that is how the remotes communicate all but the position/accelerometer data, right?). Could be that...well, I don't know. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks.

2. aligborat69

Member aligborat69 GBAtemp Fan

Have you tried pairing them up again? Press the red button under the front flap on the wii and press the red button under the battery flap on the remote, then press A.

I pair remotes all the time, when playing with friends on different wiis.

3. shivknight
    OP

Newcomer shivknight Newbie

United States
    Lol. That dumb. I didn't realize that you can't sync the remote if the wii is off, I tried that for about 10 minutes. I guess that every time I've had to sync the remotes since I got it, the console's already been on and I did the "Home" sync.

Anyway, thanks.