RodPN

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I just used up two pairs of brand new rechargeable batteries in exactly one hour (I pre-charged them just like the instructions said) and just last week I threw out another pair because I figured they were old and wouldn't hold charge anymore, since the same thing happened.

I use Nickel Metal Hydride Energizer batteries, rumble on, and speaker off, oh and I don't know if this affects anything but I'm currently playing Mario galaxy 2.

Does any one know why this could be happening or how to stop it from happening?

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the compacity of the rechargable batteries? Perhaps they are too low. 1800mAh is probably the lowest you should buy. The higher the better with regard to play time, though charging to full would take longer. Also, Rumble does take more power than speaker would alone. None the less, I have 2800mAh batteries and get around 3-4 hours play time easy.

Also, ensure that the charger you are using is charging the batteries to full prior to stopping.

FYI, I bought this charger/batteries for $10 shipped:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3333

RodPN

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
They're 2450mAh, I'm going to try with a different charger, and see what happens. Usually I was able to get five or six hours of game play, not 30 freakin minutes

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
w!! said:
What's the compacity of the rechargable batteries? Perhaps they are too low. 1800mAh is probably the lowest you should buy. The higher the better with regard to play time, though charging to full would take longer. Also, Rumble does take more power than speaker would alone. None the less, I have 2800mAh batteries and get around 3-4 hours play time easy.

Also, ensure that the charger you are using is charging the batteries to full prior to stopping.

FYI, I bought this charger/batteries for $10 shipped:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3333

Everything with more than 2500 mAh is crap. The most important info you can get when buying rechargables is that is it preloaded and does it say it will have 80% of its capacity after charging, and then lying around for 1 year. If it says that, it's good, if not, it's crap.

I get about 10 hours with my 2100 mAh recharables, and in my digicam i can make about 150 photos with 1 pair per charge. The more mAh the better should be true, but it isn't because the voltage is very important. Every device has a minimum voltage it requires to run, and every battery and rechargeable decreases its voltage when discharging. The crap rechargeables loose the voltage much faster than the new ones, that's why they only work for a short period of time. You can check it by using the "empty" recharables in some other devices and see how long those other devices keep working with those "empty" batteries.

And don't forget that you need a new loading device for new recharables, or you will kill them.

PS: These here should be good:
http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-Rechargeabl...7697&sr=1-8
basically any that say that they come precharged, as the old generation is empty after 1-2 weeks no matter if you use them or not

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
C.S.I. said:
The sanyo 'eneloop' range are also very good, have very low self discharge rates.

Wikipedia:
The low self-discharge nickel-metal hydride battery (LSD NiMH) was introduced in November 2005. These batteries were developed by Sanyo[1], who called them "Eneloop". Subsequently other manufacturers also offer LSD NiMH.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eneloop#Sanyo_Eneloop

But i didn't want to promote a certain manufacturer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"