1. pt_2001xx

OP pt_2001xx Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hey, for the past few days I have tried to convert my MKWii ISO, to MKWii Fun 2019-10 v1. I have a Mac, and it should work, but when I start the script it fails. (bad substitution errors all over the script and in the end it says that the script failed because of line 168 and 296, also somewhere it says that --links is an unrecognized option in wszst)
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

By the way I tried it on a Windows 7 Virtual Machine, but I got the error that the command "bash" is either misspelled or could not be found. (I got the error in german, it might not be the exact translation).

Thanks in advance
    Paul

Attached Files:

2. alan7593

alan7593 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Your error shows a problem with "sed" on macOS. It might be that the create-image.sh script expects the GNU version of sed from Linux, whereas macOS ships with the BSD version of sed. If you have Homebrew installed on macOS, you could run these two commands and then retry create-image.sh: "brew info coreutils" and "alias sed=gsed".

Since you have the Windows 7 VM setup, run the create-image.bat file. The bat file is for Windows, sh is for Linux/macOS.

Last edited by alan7593, Dec 30, 2019
  3. pt_2001xx

OP pt_2001xx Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Thanks for the answer, running the create-image.bat file is actually what I did and it got me the described error, I just tried your advice with running the commands and retried to run create-image.sh, but it still doesn't work. I have attached a screenshot of my terminal window and the new log file of create-image.sh (although I think it is exactly the same as before).

EDIT: I did not find a solution for executing the script in macOS. I solved this, by just using an Ubuntu (Linux) Virtual Machine with Parallels Desktop and created my Image.

Attached Files:

Last edited by pt_2001xx, Jan 2, 2020
    alan7593 likes this.
  4. Creyster

Creyster Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Hello

Same problem, but the failed line are 175 and 296.
    I installed manually homebrew on mac and coreutils.
    On a windows 10 VM, the script doesn't work too.
    If someone found a solution, I'll take it ! :)
    Thx

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Struggle, convert, Wiimms