Hacking WiiMednafen Noob Problem

KingBrewz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i'm very new in this emulation thing and i have a problem so please dont judge me :)
so, i 'installed' wiimednafen on my wii u (vwii) and i want to play pc engine cd or turbografx 16 cd games.
my question is now how do i load this from my (splitted) harddrive?
i searched on google and i found nothing...
i used this dírection: I:\Alex 1\wiimednafen\roms\pc-engine\
should i rename the games in something special?
the games are bin and cue.
if i want to load from the usb port it says: unable to mount usb\: what does this actually means?
and btw i'm german thats why my english is not very good.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i'm very new in this emulation thing and i have a problem so please dont judge me :)
so, i 'installed' wiimednafen on my wii u (vwii) and i want to play pc engine cd or turbografx 16 cd games.
my question is now how do i load this from my (splitted) harddrive?
i searched on google and i found nothing...
i used this dírection: I:\Alex 1\wiimednafen\roms\pc-engine\
should i rename the games in something special?
the games are bin and cue.
if i want to load from the usb port it says: unable to mount usb\: what does this actually means?
and btw i'm german and my english is not very good.

You CAN'T have the wiimednafen folder inside any other.
It should be on the root of the SD card, like this:
I:/wiimednafen/roms/pc-engine/

Let me know if that worked.
If you are using a partitioned HDD, my suggestion is that you should use a normal HDD with no partitions to avoid issues, because some apps are not compatible with partitiones hardware.
Use a SD also.

KingBrewz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thanks for reply :)
i have only a 2gb sd card and its full. what about an usb stick? does this work?

EDIT: it works with an usb stick

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thanks :) now i have another question: is there any wiimednafen (wad-)channels for my wii u?

That I do not know.
You might want to do a Google Search typing:
"Wiimednafen Wad"
I always used the HBC to load any apps, I never liked channels in the System Menu.

It won't be too difficult to find I guess.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok, but is this really for the wii u? because it was uploaded jan 13, 2012

It should work in vWii.
So far all the wads I have installed from my Wii to my Wii U have worked without issues.
Besides, the channel is just a forwarder, which means that the Channel (once booted) will redirect to the boot.dol in /apps/wiimednafen
There should be no problems whatsoever.

skull1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, new here, just found this thread. I just bought a Wii U as well, and i have Homebrew running. I also am trying to get TG16 emulators to run, ANY of them.

NES and SNES emus work fine, but when I load any of the TG16 emulators, they come up, but I cannot get any controller to work. Is there something I am missing? Do I need a wired controller or something to get around in the emulator menus of the Wii U Homebrew channel TG16 emus? Thanks.

KingBrewz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys, new here, just found this thread. I just bought a Wii U as well, and i have Homebrew running. I also am trying to get TG16 emulators to run, ANY of them.

NES and SNES emus work fine, but when I load any of the TG16 emulators, they come up, but I cannot get any controller to work. Is there something I am missing? Do I need a wired controller or something to get around in the emulator menus of the Wii U Homebrew channel TG16 emus? Thanks.
Which emulator did you use? A few days ago i found RetroArch, search for this it's the 'newer version' of Wiimednafen and it runs among other Turbografx 16 games (the hu cards and also the cd games) quiet good.
To the controller question: Do you have the apps and the roms right directions? If you play CD games: Do you have the syscard3.pce?

Reactions: robco7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D