The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
wii.gif
WiiMC
1296343131WiiMC.png

WiiMC, the Wii media center has been updated. See whats new in the changelog below.

QUOTE said:
changelog
1.1.2 - January 29, 2011

* Synced to MPlayer r32815
* Fixed broken audio/subtitle switching
* Fixed "Exception (Alignment)" crash
* Changed from mpg123 to ffmp3 (fixes some audio-related problems)
* Added ext 2/3/4 support
* USB compatibility improvements
* Improved performance (set L2 cache to 64bit)
* Large file (> 4GB) support
* Fixed relative playlist paths
* Paired-singles enhancements (thanks Extrems!)
* Added IOS whitelist - a warning will now appear if you are not using IOS58 or IOS61
* Disable dvdnav over SMB (it's too slow!)
* Added Tamil translation (thanks dpandian!)
* Other minor optimizations and bug fixes

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source
icon11.gif
discussion link

Contributed by VatoLoco

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice to see this still getting updates. Easily one of my favorite pieces of homebrew, I love being able to watch Youtube videos as well as .avi files. When I was in an anime-watching mood I'd download .avi files and play them on the Wii so I can actually watch them on a TV instead of my laptop.

NewFang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to agree, best piece of homebrew out there. I just updated to the new version and all works well. I have smb share set-up on my laptop so I can share my entire ITunes catalog. I'm unclear how the youtube videos work though, I looked at the guide but its not that easy to understand, for me anyway. If anyone can brief me on how to get it working it would be greatly appreciated.

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
I was just sitting around wondering "gee, WiiMC should be ready for another update by now" and when I go online, I see this! Truly a miracle! [inserts a message like everyone else in this thread about how WiiMC's awesomesauce]

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This has been working great for me, allthough I have a few suggestions maybe for a future update.
As I use xbmc alot as well, and wiimc I think maybe being derived from that(mc in both names) I would like to suggest or hopefully see implemented in future updates

First: Visualizations for audio of any sort. Never checked this, but default one is pretty plain and boring, but it does the job I guess. Xbox/Xbmc allows you to use really cool visualizations called milkdrop presets. Lots of cool colors and the sort. Really neat.

Second: Now I know the youtube works fine, and I havent had any problems yet, but with the xbmc/xbox youtube plugin you get to see thumbnails of what you want to watch as well as navigate to other pages. It seems like with wiimc your search is only limited to one page of results, and no thumbnails, unless I'm missing something. Not a big deal, but definitely would make it a little more of a visual experience.

Third: XBMC has a weather plugin that is visible on the home screen. Guess this doesnt really matter cause the wii has the forecast channel, but it would be cool if we could see the weather from the wiimc ui.

Theres a few more, but I cant think of anything else at the moment, but with the exception of maybe
the third suggestion, I'd definitely like to see the First and Second ones possibly implemented into future updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality