WiiMC Youtube Design

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by LightyKD, Feb 17, 2011.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    This goes out to the WiiMC team. Would it be possible if we could get a rip of the Android OS design for the Youtube side of WiiMC? I swear using Youtube XL to navigate playlist is a pain in the ass and using the PC version of the site on the Wii is too damn slow. So, any chance we could get something like a redesign for Youtube?

2. Net_Bastard

Net_Bastard GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2010
    United States

There is already a YouTube streamer for WiiMC. Why need a redesign? The current one works fine.

3. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Two words my friend, "Playlist" and "Subscriptions." [​IMG] I'll be fine with the current setup if there was a way to access our individual accounts without having to hard code the "links" in the settings.xml file. Aside from that I guess I'm a sucker for the idea of big screen android apps. More Wii homebrew might benefit from a Android like setup, making things easy to navigate. Just my opinion but I just want a way to access my account from my Wii that's easy. When it comes to the nitty gritty, I don't care how it looks [​IMG] I'm sure we can both agree that easier Youtube access would be greatly appreciated. I will say that WiiMC does one up the Internet Channel by allowing actual 480p support! I am highly grateful for that!