WiiMC Youtube Design

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by LightyKD, Feb 17, 2011.

Feb 17, 2011

WiiMC Youtube Design by LightyKD at 1:31 AM (1,264 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. LightyKD
    OP

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    This goes out to the WiiMC team. Would it be possible if we could get a rip of the Android OS design for the Youtube side of WiiMC? I swear using Youtube XL to navigate playlist is a pain in the ass and using the PC version of the site on the Wii is too damn slow. So, any chance we could get something like a redesign for Youtube?

2. Net_Bastard

Member Net_Bastard GBAtemp Regular

United States

There is already a YouTube streamer for WiiMC. Why need a redesign? The current one works fine.

3. LightyKD
    OP

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    Two words my friend, "Playlist" and "Subscriptions." [​IMG] I'll be fine with the current setup if there was a way to access our individual accounts without having to hard code the "links" in the settings.xml file. Aside from that I guess I'm a sucker for the idea of big screen android apps. More Wii homebrew might benefit from a Android like setup, making things easy to navigate. Just my opinion but I just want a way to access my account from my Wii that's easy. When it comes to the nitty gritty, I don't care how it looks [​IMG] I'm sure we can both agree that easier Youtube access would be greatly appreciated. I will say that WiiMC does one up the Internet Channel by allowing actual 480p support! I am highly grateful for that!