WiiMC v1.2.8 ⇨ v1.2.9

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
iconWiiMC021911.png

WiiMC, the media center for the Wii developed by Tantric, has been updated to version 1.2.9. See the change log below for what's new in this edition, and visit the project's homepage for more information about this homebrew audio and video player.

Current Features said:
  • Attractive libwiigui-based interface, designed with the Wii in mind
  • Most essential difference from MPlayer CE and the like: completely GUI based, no fiddling .conf files should ever be necessary (except for on-line media)
  • Picture viewer
  • Music player
  • On-line media support
  • FAT32/NTFS from SD and USB 2.0 (FAT32 recommended)
  • Network playback via SMB, HTTP, and FTP
  • Multi-language support: Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Dutch, English, Estonian, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Spanish

Change Log said:
  • 1.2.9 (06/16/12)
  • Fixed incompatibility with NAS devices

1.2.8 (06/10/12)
  • Synced to MPlayer r34991 and ffmpeg 44c10168cff4
  • Greatly improved SMB file browsing speed

download.gif
Download (New Install)
download.gif
Download (Update)
icon11.gif
Project Homepage
icon11.gif
Source

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
Are MKV files going to be fixed? The sound is always out of sync with the picture, but is ok when I view on PC

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the wii cant handle .mkv files . Atleast not correctly anyway. Its a hardware issue more than a software issue , I think I read that here somewhere. When I play a .mkv file its stutters alot , and the right side of the screen is a little jacked up ( streaking with lines ) but all .avi files look fine. I stil prefer to use my xbox for the streaming , because even though the play fine on the wii , the pic just feels fake for some reason.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People, be careful when installing this. I "magically" lost my disc drive when using this. I'm going to go inside my Wii today just to make sure it's not the data cable between my board and drive messing with me again. I'll tell you all my results later today.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Everyone keeps talking about mkv as if it were a codec format. Mkv is merely a container not the codec itself....it just may be that the files inside the mkv's you have are encoded in a format that the Wii is not efficient at decoding. I tried converting some mkv's that were not keeping in sync to mp4's but after that they just kept trying to buffer and wouldn't play at all. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Wii/WiiMC is not capable of playing certain codecs correctly. I want to know what codec/container combination is best for wiimc and what's the best method/software for converting these mkv's to said format.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
..the only thing i want is that the last search is saved... having to retype like "roswell conspiracies episode 2" just cause you misspell something and also retype it for episode 3 and 4 just gets so annoying

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My files .mkv x264 .....I suppose its the 720p res, that the wii cant handle lol .... anyway the .avi files play fine , but still feel fake on the wii compared to the 360

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone keeps talking about mkv as if it were a codec format. Mkv is merely a container not the codec itself....it just may be that the files inside the mkv's you have are encoded in a format that the Wii is not efficient at decoding. I tried converting some mkv's that were not keeping in sync to mp4's but after that they just kept trying to buffer and wouldn't play at all. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Wii/WiiMC is not capable of playing certain codecs correctly. I want to know what codec/container combination is best for wiimc and what's the best method/software for converting these mkv's to said format.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Some container formats are more complex and therefore more difficult to decode. Not to mention that mkv supports so many features that converting to avi or mp4 (without transcoding) may actually help. Hell, mkv even supports attaching executable files (though getting them to actually run without manually detatching them is another matter).

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think .mkv file reading is an error in wiimc coding. mplayer ce will read all my .mkv files just fine..( pirates of caribbean at worlds end/strange tides,an a few of my newer movies.).
I stepped away for wiimc cause of crashing issues an also had gotten a corrupt drive out of it.(screwed my read/write heads on the platters, so it's fried.).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM