Homebrew WiiMC Update USB Problems

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really pissing me off. This new update for WiiMC for some reason no longer recognizes my HDD. The older ones do but this new update won't. I have a USB drive that is recognized but not my 250 gig HDD. I don't understand why. I'm going though my HDD now to see if maybe there are files causing this but I don't know. I'm just trying to watch some movies. This makes me angry

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
sKeEt said:
This is really pissing me off. This new update for WiiMC for some reason no longer recognizes my HDD. The older ones do but this new update won't. I have a USB drive that is recognized but not my 250 gig HDD. I don't understand why. I'm going though my HDD now to see if maybe there are files causing this but I don't know. I'm just trying to watch some movies. This makes me angry
read the posts in the larger wiimc thread.

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
had this problem when the 1.0.9 was released. most simple fix that i did and made my hard drive visable is going into the meta.xml and the 2nd from the last line that sez "" delete it and your usb hard drive should work (it's kinda odd i know i have to load from the system menu to the HBC to wiimc and it works fine.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Unfortunately deleting still didn't make my HDD show up. So which version of WiiMC does not have this problem cause so far I went back to 1.0.8 and 1.0.7 and still have the same problems.

This suxxx because I watch both what's on my HDD and the online media. So if I want to see what's been updated online I have to update and if I want to watch what's on my HDD I have to downgrade.

I know that my HDD is formatted to..I forget what it's called the old settings barely used by computers today not NTFS or whatever it's called. I can't format it to NTFS because I'd lose everything in my HDD and I have nowhere to back it up.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thnx I'll try that out. I got the older version working but if that works it would be great.

Honestly I don't even play video games anymore. Since I've discovered WiiMC I've been watching the online media. This is one highly versatile application.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16