WiiMC issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sonknuck23, May 8, 2010.

May 8, 2010

WiiMC issues by sonknuck23 at 1:16 AM (4,306 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. sonknuck23
    OP

Member sonknuck23 Mighty Switch Force >

Canada
    So the other day I tested WiiMC with a DVD (retail) and it worked perfectly! However, over the past few days I've been tinkering with the Wii super hard-core, finally installing theme's and getting Channels for all of my ISO's, and all that fun stuff. Now, I popped in a DVD, turned on WiiMC, and it gives me an "invalid DVD" error! Why could this be?!

(This might be in the wrong area, but I'm not sure how to move posts. Thanks.)

2. rAiN mAn 2o0o

Member rAiN mAn 2o0o GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have the same problem.. here are my specs...

old wii.. LU52...

dvdx and dvdx v2 both installed...(which I believe is completely irrelevant!)
    hermes 202 (v4 and/or v5) installed.. tried every possible IOS and merge option..
    tried using the 202 installer included with wiimc.
    nothing works... WiiMC says invalid dvd everytime...

(yes I used AnyTitle deleter and removed the IOS each time I reinstalled a new version)
    Disc loading works in every other homebrew app perfectly. So I am guessing the problem is with wiimc.
    anybody got some useful info to throw my way!?

3. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    The strange thing is the other day it worked perfectly, I managed to get DVD's to play. Now, for some reason, it gives me an error?

4. thesund0g

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    WiiMC just fucking codedumps on me. It looks beautiful, but it won't start. MPlayerCE for now.

5. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    I could never get MPlayerCE to play DVD's either, I thought WiiMC was like, the best when I got it to play DVD's. Now for some random reason, it stopped.

6. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    Did you do anything else with your wii other than installing themes and channels, and how are you loading WiiMC (homebrew channel or forwarder, or regular channel)

7. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    I tried a forwarder and from the HBC. And after I installed themes and channels. . . I installed priiloader. That's it . . .

EDIT: so they've released a new version JUST today, awesome. Let's see what happens.

EDIT 2: Nope. still gives me an error. I want to run DOP-IOS and like, install all the proper IOS's, but without cIOS' installed, I don't think I can play ISO's off the Wii menu as channels. [​IMG]

8. Ripclaw187

Newcomer Ripclaw187 Newbie

United States
    I had the same problem. I can't play retail dvds, however when i make my own dvds using Verbatim dvd-r disks it plays perfect. Memorex & TDK work too. Try this hopefully it helps you out.