Madrigal

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know where I can get this? On the WiiMC forums there's a section about it describing all the features, but there's no download links anywhere. When I've asked where I can get it, the mods have been dicks and deleted my post for no reason with no explaination. If anyone has a link, I'd appreciate it.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Madrigal said:
Anyone know where I can get this? On the WiiMC forums there's a section about it describing all the features, but there's no download links anywhere. When I've asked where I can get it, the mods have been dicks and deleted my post for no reason with no explaination. If anyone has a link, I'd appreciate it.
You have to go through a long process of creating a new account on another website, sending the creator your email address (which I think is quite suspicious), and compiling it yourself.

I don't see why the creator would want to limit functionality, but I'm not about to risk getting more spam (no, I don't want to try your cheap prescription drugs or accept my cash prize after confirming my social security number) or make my own build for a few new features.

Madrigal

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
post-5758-1225601204.gif
Why is it a lot of these creative types tend to be complete douches?!?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Madrigal said:
post-5758-1225601204.gif
I wouldn't say that the creator is a douche. He might be, but it's not fair to judge someone based on that. The enhancement packs may not be stable, or there could be another reason for him not sharing it. It's his work either way, so he has the right to not distribute it if he wishes. I've created a few things myself (not so amazing as WiiMC of course) that I have only given to a select few who could appreciate it.

As for your post being deleted, the most likely reason was that the moderators are sick of people asking how to download the enhancement pack. What I told you can be found by a short search. When you see the same question day after day, it's easy to get fed up.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
hvckz said:
you just join april 2011, and you already have 1252 post...
Thank you for that observation, you have really helped out. By pointing out my post count and join date, you have solved all the OP's problems.

I have been helping people fix and hack Wii's for a long time, and am happy to help out whenever I can.

Reactions: 2 people

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the OP can go to the german hack site, that is were i found the wiimc theme mod, that lets you add new backgrounds an it changes the font. if your wii is 4.3u, you'll need "region free every thing" an it can be buggie, just because it's for the 4.X E.. i used it for awhile, but the novalty of it wears off.
would post mine here for download, but we know how that goes. if you do find it it's made by fraggelpower666./ badboy26

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Madrigal said:
post-5758-1225601204.gif
Ever tried being creative? It usually consists of working your butt off to actually produce something that works, then get about 10 times as much complaints of people with a completely different setup as people who give praise. And in the event that your work gets popular...someone changes a few lines and presents it as "their" work.

I don't know anything of an enhancement pack, but perhaps it follows the same guidelines as gbatemp for romzz: you can discuss it all you want, but you have to obtain it elsewhere. Perhaps try pm'ing someone about it? Or check your sources for romz?

@hvckz: if it's any comfort: JoostinOnline already knew more of wii hacking when he joined here than I did at that time. And he's generous in sharing whatever he knows.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
shortz1994 said:
would post mine here for download, but we know how that goes.

imho (ianal) it would be ok to post from a legal + gbatemp-rules pov
might piss some ppl off though

reasoning:
its a mod of wiimc
wiimc is a port of mplayer (afaik)
mplayer is gpl (v2)
gpl does not allow restricting who it can distributed to

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Just love how people are fast at extrapolating...

From WiiMC board:

QUOTE said:
The WIIMC+ Enhancement Pack Patch, documentation and Guides will be provided to those who PM a valid email address to jhb50 on the WIIMC Forum.

First post of the topic where you posted your questions (and there are still there as I can see them, which either mean they didn't get deleted or you have been flooding their board with the same question)

If you didn't receive anything, that means the guy is not available right now, that's all

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
Just love how people are fast at extrapolating...

From WiiMC board:

QUOTE said:
The WIIMC+ Enhancement Pack Patch, documentation and Guides will be provided to those who PM a valid email address to jhb50 on the WIIMC Forum.

First post of the topic where you posted your questions (and there are still there as I can see them, which either mean they didn't get deleted or you have been flooding their board with the same question)

If you didn't receive anything, that means the guy is not available right now, that's all
though this my be true, i've tried to ask about theming wiimc, way before i found the theme mod, an i only asked once, an i left my email address for them. this was almost a year ago, still haven't gotten a reply.
yes i know dev's have alot on their plate. doing coding, an every thing, an i do have much respect for them.. but if you don't intend to answer any messegaes, or be very selective,. thats just rude.
some times a simple "hey busy i'll get to you, as soon as i'm able to." is good enough. not all dev's are the same, some are complete asses,douches, or a used tampon. but there are some that are cool. an will help. but also some "users" need the same treatment(not answer/block) cause they can be asses,douches,or a used tampon.
but thats life.
mellow.gif

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PsyBlade said:
shortz1994 said:

reasoning:
its a mod of wiimc
mplayer is gpl (v2)
well then here it is.http://www.mediafire.com/?j4ehee92duncfsn
just add to the app folder, or if your on an older version of wiimc, you can change the dol. i also made a few themes for this.
here is one of them,made for one of the best bands. LED ZEPPELIN.http://www.mediafire.com/?qu57ktijxe7uoc5
Would be sweet if a coder could redo this app, to work with 4.* u better.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
shortz1994 said:
PsyBlade said:
shortz1994 said:

reasoning:
its a mod of wiimc
mplayer is gpl (v2)
just add to the app folder, or if your on an older version of wiimc, you can change the dol. i also made a few themes for this.
here is one of them,made for one of the best bands. LED ZEPPELIN.http://www.mediafire.com/?qu57ktijxe7uoc5

i am no coder but ill mess with it

what is the link for the source and ill mess with it and see what i can do? !!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
shortz1994 said:
Would be sweet if a coder could redo this app, to work with 4.* u better.What does firmware version have to do with how the app runs?
QUOTE(scooby74029 @ Aug 8 2011, 04:56 PM) i am no coder but ill mess with it

Quit being so modest! You're a damn fine programmer!

Reactions: tstwitter

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scooby74029 said:
shortz1994 said:
PsyBlade said:
shortz1994 said:

reasoning:
its a mod of wiimc
mplayer is gpl (v2)

i am no coder but ill mess with it

not sure this is the one i had, from almost a year ago, i went to find it today, an it's gone. this is the only one i have.
but i'm sure if you go to their sight, one of them could have it. or fraggle if he is still active. here is the site. Visit My Website just look for wiimc theme mod.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scooby74029 said:
well shoot i looked for a while but couldnt find anything

if anyone can find the source ill mess with it but i cant find it
just PM fraggle to see if he has the code. thanks scoob. i wish i knew how to code. i've got a few things i mess with an try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night