Hacking WiiMC Channel unable to obtain NAND access

carbfrze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,
I'm pretty new when it comes to the wii modding. I have softmodded my Wii and have the homebrew channel working along with USB Loader GX and the WiiMC player. My problem is when I try to install the WiiMC Channel Installer that I get the unable to access NAND error. I have downloaded the latest installer v1.9 and also made sure that I have the latest WiiMC player v 2.1.0. I have read through numerous forums but simply cannot figure out what to do. Please help!
Thanks

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have IOS58 installed? If not install it.

Is HBC using IOS58? If not, reinstall HBC (Make sure you have IOS58 before you re-install HBC)

carbfrze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I do have IOS58. And how do I tell if HBC is using IOS58?
I will check the meta.xml file today to see what is in it.
Hielkenator do I have to uninstall the existing IOS58 prior to using the installer you mentioned?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I do have IOS58. And how do I tell if HBC is using IOS58?
I will check the meta.xml file today to see what is in it.
Hielkenator do I have to uninstall the existing IOS58 prior to using the installer you mentioned?

You can tell what IOS it's using if you look on the upper right (or is it the lower left) corner after loading up the HBC. It should say which one.

carbfrze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I did verify that I am using IOS58. I also verified that the information is entered in the meta.xml file in the apps folder. When i tried to run the IOS58 installer from the homebrew channel I simply got an installation failed message. DO I need to uninstall the current version of IOS58 first? And if so how do I do that? thx

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
use a IOS that has trucha bug and NAND access, like 236 to install the channel.

although i rather install that channel using MMM, it works just fine in that way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Yes.