WiiMC and MCPlayer Question?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Centrix, Dec 30, 2011.

Dec 30, 2011

WiiMC and MCPlayer Question? by Centrix at 6:38 AM (801 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Centrix
    OP

Member Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    For example I can watch the entire Matrix Trilogy and The Bourne Identity Trilogy no problem but if I try watch say the Lord of the Rings trilogy it has problems...all my videos either end with MP4 or MKV some of my DVD rips are AVi though which run no problem. Also WiiMC keeps crashing now all of the sudden when I listen to music or try watching AVGN or Pat the nes punk!

2. smellyunicorn

Newcomer smellyunicorn Advanced Member

United States
    Last I check no Wii Media Player support .mkv files, tried with
    MPlayer CE
    Myplayer (one by Team twiizers)

3. Dogway

Member Dogway GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    I can only recommend you MPlayer CE, it has better compatibility and speed than WiiMC. It plays .mkv but they must be SD or at least low bitrate/low CPU demanding, this depends very much on the codec, h.264 being on the edge side. The parameters used for its encoding have an effect in the playability of the media, normally you want low bframes, no CABAC, low ref frames, smaller buffer, etc

I sometimes have issues with sound ticks but haven't had a proper look on it. There's sometimes also an eventual stutter, but are so few that they don't refrain from enjoying the watch, my guess is when GOP changes, but not sure, it happens in ASP avi.