Homebrew WiiMC 1.1.0 & WiiMC Channel Installer1.5 has been released

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
can i ask a stupid question. ive wiimc working fine on 1.04. i want to upgrade to 1.1.

the app asks me to update internally. if i say yes. i then still need to install the new channel, but whats this about having ios 58 installed?

wishmasterf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
comfaithgenesisraven said:
Fox888 said:
forget it all and make the forwarder to work please
yay.gif

(i updated it it all via the wiimc updater)
Dont know why it doesn't work for you strange...
Try this channel
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LSEP1D4I
if it doesnt work then it must be on your wii or you did something wrong

also not working :-(

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
madeirabhoy said:
can i ask a stupid question. ive wiimc working fine on 1.04. i want to upgrade to 1.1.

the app asks me to update internally. if i say yes. i then still need to install the new channel, but whats this about having ios 58 installed?

What do you mean? It's self-explanatory. To use the channel, install IOS58. You can use my IOS58 Installer if you don't want to update to 4.3. It's also recommended to install IOS58 anyway, we won't support using WiiMC with any other IOS.

deceptica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tantric: a few of issues you may/may not know about:

1. Musepack files distort *badly*.
2. m4a files distort audibly.
3. Replaygain seems not to be supported.
4. Gapless playback does not work.
5. An album added to playlist is not added in track order.

Do you have plans to support 3 and 4 in particular?

Cheers

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
* Fixed a crash that happened if your router was turned off

Tantric how did you solve this? A lot of homebrew using AHBPROT has this bug, I thought the problem was in HBC or in Libogc. Could the fix be used for the other apps aswell?

Thanks

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
deceptica said:
Tantric: a few of issues you may/may not know about:

1. Musepack files distort *badly*.
2. m4a files distort audibly.
3. Replaygain seems not to be supported.
4. Gapless playback does not work.
5. An album added to playlist is not added in track order.

Do you have plans to support 3 and 4 in particular?

Cheers

1-3 are mplayer issues. We're not touching these. 4 - too bad, not touching that either. 5 - the files are added in the order they are stored on the drive, the displayed files are sorted alphabetically for your convenience.

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
petspeed said:
* Fixed a crash that happened if your router was turned off

Tantric how did you solve this? A lot of homebrew using AHBPROT has this bug, I thought the problem was in HBC or in Libogc. Could the fix be used for the other apps aswell?

Thanks

libogc is fixed as much as it can be. The remainder of the problem is in HBC - so this problem should completely go away when it's updated.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Tantric said:
madeirabhoy said:

What do you mean? It's self-explanatory. To use the channel, install IOS58. You can use my IOS58 Installer if you don't want to update to 4.3. It's also recommended to install IOS58 anyway, we won't support using WiiMC with any other IOS.

sorry, thats sort of what i mean, where do i get your ios58 installer from?

thanks and sorry im being thick

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
i just wanted to say thanks for your awsome work...I use this app almost every day, its my fav wii app

ill head over to wiimc and donate €10. you guys deserve it
grog.gif

AceLighting

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wishmasterf said:
comfaithgenesisraven said:
Fox888 said:
forget it all and make the forwarder to work please
yay.gif

(i updated it it all via the wiimc updater)
Dont know why it doesn't work for you strange...
Try this channel
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LSEP1D4I
if it doesnt work then it must be on your wii or you did something wrong

also not working :-(
Then must be something you done wrong or something missing on the wii
sadly i dont know what to say i cant give any advice on this because i dont know whats wrong

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says here
* Change YouTube default to 480p. What was the default for YouTube before on this? And will this make a difference to me at all since I am using composite cables? Also the quality in videos is pretty lame like in the Shoutcast TV

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jakob95 said:
It says here
* Change YouTube default to 480p. What was the default for YouTube before on this? And will this make a difference to me at all since I am using composite cables? Also the quality in videos is pretty lame like in the Shoutcast TV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube#Quality_and_codecs

Before it was format 5. Now I'm selecting format 34. And no, that's not 480p. My changelog is wrong I guess. Oh well.
blink.gif

Remember the higher the format, the higher the bandwidth requirements are. And I don't mean for your internet - the limiting factor is the Wii's network capabilities.

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The WiiMC/FCEU GX & The GBA forwarder channels don't work on my new Wii but they work perfectly on my old Wii.

Two days ago I finally bought a new black Wii. It was a virgin 4.2U. I followed the "Mod any Wii" thread over at WiiHacks.com by Mauifrog and everything went so well! Now my new Wii is @ 4.1U. I can not get any of the channel installers to install... in fact during the installation process the message says something like "Can not access NAND".

I have IOS58 installed and I have tried installing the forwarder channels via Wadmanager and they just won't work.

It's weird because I have a ton of other channels for other stuff that work great and it really sucks because these three are my favorite ones.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had been following WiiMC SVN awaiting release as well, great work guys! and Thank you!

It seems the screen no longer fits on my widescreen TV, I can change the video scale to fit but not the general video, the words get cut off on the left/right side, anyone else having this issue or is it just me? NTSC TV 480P Component Cables Widescreen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: