OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Ok,

I have a pretty rare rom here(for MSX2) which I´d like to inject into a VC .wad file but all attempts to get this working beyond the games main menu screen has failed so far
frown.gif
and I did a lot of injections for many systems but this is killing me...

The game is working on windows with an emulator, the sha1 is ok, I´ve checked it with a romdb.

After some research I found out that this game uses a special rom mapper in order to work correct, so my plan is to have a look on the emulator included in the VC .wad(knowing after some hex that the emulator is housed in the 00000001.app) which fails to open with u8 tool as its a lz77 compressed file...

What I want to do is to extract the emulator, add either the rom mapper of the game to it, or a corresponding romdb to get the game to work.

Now I got wiilz77(came with a wadder release) but how do i use this?

I have to say that I am not so handy with bash, so a nice, easy to follow tutorial on how to use wiilz77 would be nice.

Any input on how to use this would be highly appreciated.
Thx

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, for most newer VC titles, the .dol file (the emulator) is compressed as you already know, but not with the normal type of lz77.

If you a Windows user, maybe try wwcxtool to decompress these, which is found in the wwpacker package. That is what I normally use.

I hope it works for you.

I however, do not know anything about MSX rom mappers though...

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Hey sr_corsario

I have unpacked the 00000001.app and now i have a 00000001.dol and dunno how to edit the files in the dol... oh boy

The config file.... hmmmm

mind dropping me a PM with your suggestions?

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry G0dLoKe, i dint explain properlly xD

I got 2 msx2 games and had a look into "msx2config.bin" (from 00000005.app). Both had diferents values and then i tried changing values using the new injected game. Once using dolphin emulator appear the logo of the game however later the emulator report a error message. It didnt work eader installed on wii

Well ... i didnt had many time for testing but i will try again this week.

And about editing unpacked 1.app... i dont have any idea... sorry

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
sr_corsario said:
Sorry G0dLoKe, i dint explain properlly xD

I got 2 msx2 games and had a look into "msx2config.bin" (from 00000005.app). Both had diferents values and then i tried changing values using the new injected game. Once using dolphin emulator appear the logo of the game however later the emulator report a error message. It didnt work eader installed on wii

Well ... i didnt had many time for testing but i will try again this week.

And about editing unpacked 1.app... i dont have any idea... sorry

Yeah,

i really appreciate your work on this, hopefully we can get this running
smile.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, exactly, therefore I want to edit the emulator in 00000001.app(dol) or compile a new emulator, like bluemsx with only the things needed to run the game.

We will also need the romdb.xml somehow included, this is how the emulator verifies the integrity of the rom´s sha1 value in order to check what mapper is needed(mappers are in the romdb.xml

I assume some kind of romdb must be included in the 00000001.app specified for the corresponding game which is housed in the wad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.