Hacking wiikey2 config disc help

rest_easy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a wiikey2 with wiiclip from modchipcentral and it was an easy install. I put in a disc of my region started her up. Then I put in a backup and while one played the other didn't. That's when I recalled the update disc. I had gotten it from the wiikey site as a heavily packed rar and burned it onto tayo suden (or however you spell that) discs with imgburn at 4x.

i had homebrew channel on 3.2u (never been updated I was lucky I had it on that firmware before I knew what the twilight hack was). Starfall installed all options.

I put the disc in and it showed up as gamecube. I pressed load (in the game channel) and the screen went black then the wii restarted. I figured that was in, put the game back in and it plays fine now.

My problem is if I put the update/config disc in it just goes black and restarts. Am I missing something? I wanted to see the config screen and make sure it was updated. Thanks.

rest_easy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I tried to disable the starfall update feature thinking it may have been blocking the update/config disc but that didn't do anything.

I found this on modchipcentral but it's smaller than the one I had found on the wiikey site. Has anyone used these config/update discs for the wiikey2? thanks in advance.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
turn off the region frii GameCube patch... And the Update block patch and try again....
If you still can't configure it.. redownload the disc image and burn again... but leave those patches off when you are configuring or updating the wiikey...

this problem happens to a select few...

give it another shot...

-kitt050383

rest_easy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I'll try that when I get home in a little.

ANother question. Should I be using the file from the wiikey website that says v1.2 updater/config or should I be using 1.9b (or 1.9s?) and 1.3 (or 1.4?) config disks found on this site?

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The firmware you should install is 1.9s but the config disk to use is 1.4. Also, if you just get the iso image not working some people just pad the file up to 1.4 GB to be just like a real GC disk but that has never been necessary for me.

rest_easy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I downloaded and burnt (using imgburn) the 1.4 config and the 1.9s update. Both disks do the exact same thing. The screen goes black, the wiimote loses functionality and the tv loses it's signal connection to the wii. Then the wii may restart.

I tried to disable the update blocker and GC region free in starfall for the first disc (not the 2 mentioned above) and that did nothing.

All i do is turn the wii on, put the disc in, it says gamecube disc in disc channel, I load the disc and boom nothing.

again this is a wiikey2 with wiiclip from modchipcentral. They soldered it on for me. I opened and clipped it. Backupgames do run and it's only this update thing that's giving me trouble.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.