Wiikey1 1.99 beta backup problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Spidermain50, Dec 5, 2010.

Dec 5, 2010
  1. Spidermain50
    OP

Newcomer Spidermain50 Newbie

United States
    I just burnt Super Mario All Stars[PAL] after running brickblocker, WiiregionFree and burning it on a verbatim dvd-r at X4 speed using nero. It recognizes the game as a wii game, but when i go to select it there there is just a black screen. does this game not work with Wiikey1 1.99 beta? I'm also about to burn NBA Jam and the new Donkey Kong. I just want to confirm that they will work on my wii before i waste a dvd.

Thanks in advance!

2. shredman

Member shredman GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    with a wiikey you should be able to enable update blocking (with development mode or something to that efffect) and then you can load every game WITHOUT brickblocker. By doing this you will keep the update partition on the disc which can be used by geckoOS to install the required ios files to boot the disc. This is (probably) why your disc goes to a black screen. Either missing ios files (or updated ios) or a bad burn. The old wiikey is still quite a functional tool for homebrew and backup purposes. I dont know of any game that cannot boot with a wiikey....

3. Spidermain50
    OP

Newcomer Spidermain50 Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the advice! I've been away from the wii modding scene for a while. Are there any guides that you can point me to that describe what you just told me?