Wiikey with 1.9b Update + Wii Firmware 3.0 --> OK?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fear, Sep 17, 2007.

Sep 17, 2007
  1. fear
    OP

Newcomer fear Advanced Member

Liechtenstein
    Hi all,

I've update my Wiikey with the "leaked" 1.9b Update and everything's working fine.

If I update my Wii Firmware to 3.0 now, are there any bad consequences like GC homebrews not working? I also have some compilation discs, created with GCOS - will these still work?

I see that some things are fixed with the Wiikey update, but I find it still a bit confusing to find my answers in the existing posts. Hope we can use this thread to clarify these quesions once and for all.

Cheers...
    fear

2. Upperleft

Member Upperleft Namcoholic

United Arab Emirates
    i updated my modded wii without problems =)

i don't know what my modchip is =(

but i think yours will work fine

3. pnag

Newcomer pnag Member

Ireland
    Or, and sorry if I sound nasty, don't mean to, you could check all the other threads about this and not create a new one!

There's loads of info on here about this kind of thing, all you gotta do is look!

4. fear
    OP

Liechtenstein
    Honestly I searched the existing threads but in the end I found posts from people mentioning problems with the 1.9b / 3.0 combination and also people who hadn't any issues so far. So I decided to open a new thread to clarify this once and for all.

I guess I'll try the 3.0 update now...

5. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    wiikey setup disc 1.2 will not work anymore, freeloader and action replays will not work with direct boot anymore, other region gamecube games will not direct boot anymore, you will have to boot them via gcos, all your multi disc games should boot normally, you will also have to find the 1.2 patched version of the setup disc if you want to boot your other region gamecube games again, other region gamecube games can not direct boot right now because we need a 1.3 config disc which the wiikey team seems to say that it's coming "soon" so don't wait around for that any time soon.

6. inde

Newcomer inde Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    my normal 1.2 setup disc works fine with the 1.9 wiikey update and 3.0E firmware
    no need for a patched one

7. jalaneme

United Kingdom

not in my case.

8. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    the bold selected things are due to 3.0, the rest he already has because he's already updated his wiikey. let's not confuse him [​IMG]

9. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    it's funny as nobody gave a crap when he wanted his question answered but now i answer people are biting my head off, seriously, in my case the setup disc DID NOT WORK, the freeloader DID NOT WORK and the action replay DID NOT WORK why accuse me of lying? it's the truth and i stand by my words.

10. fear
    OP

Liechtenstein
    Okay, I updated the Wiikey to 1.9b and the Wii itself to 3.0. Everyting's running fine so far, feels just like before the update.

I have never used the setup disk yet... hadn't any reason to...

11. jalaneme

United Kingdom

well from now on you are gonna be using it more often, if you play japanese gamecube games or any other region gamecube games you are gonna have to use gcos to boot them, you cannot boot directly other region gamecube games anymore, try it for yourself right now and you will see, the same thing will appy for freeloaders and action replays if you use them.

12. Lacrimosa

Member Lacrimosa GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    @Jalaneme: Why don't you try to burn again the config disc? I tried with a Pal Wii with wiikey, firmware 3.0 and 1.9b update. It's working. Try to do this one more time.

I use config disc to run other region gamecube games. Works like a charm. [​IMG] I hope finally it will work for you too.

13. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    no, why should i? it's in the bin if you like to fish it out and i've already burned the patched version which works flawlessly, and i've said what you have said already in my last 2 posts about the gamecube games.