Wiikey vs. Wiinja Deluxe

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by testicule, Mar 3, 2007.

Mar 3, 2007

Wiikey vs. Wiinja Deluxe by testicule at 1:11 PM (1,046 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. testicule
    OP

Newcomer testicule Member

Greece
    On paper the features look the same and both come from reliable brands.

However I would prefer the Wiinja for wired installation (although it is perfectly possible with wiikey the wiinja would allow me to use a PIC slot for easy removing/replacement and more 'clean' installation).

But I'm still probably going with a wiikey because it looks more reliable and more 'pro' to me. The fact that the Wiinja Deluxe is a simple PIC probably counts.

What I really wonder is what both brand mean by DVD upgrade. What I think right now is that they can only upgrade the code beeing sent to the DVD player. I don't think the way the chip really works can be updated through DVD.

Has someone some _facts_ about those two chips ? Maybe the name of the microcontroller they both exactly use or some other information ? Also this thread could be the occasion to write a summary of the feature difference. The only one I've seen is the possibility to disable the wiinja.

Thanks

2. kristijan08

Member kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Yeah i dont think there are that many differences aside from the power off feature you mentioned... although i'll definately agree the wiikey seems much more professional (not to give a bad name to the wiinja team because they have been very responsive to fixing problems with their mods). I ended up going with the wiikey and have to admit im pretty happy, but if the wiinja dx is just a mirror of it then you can't really go wrong with that either.... if you hang for another week you'll see wiinja dx reviews popping up, that might finally sway your decision making!

3. lookout

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom
    Yep! It pretty hard to tell right now ~ only if they both teamwork together.

4. Dinzy

Newcomer Dinzy Member

United States
    THe Wiikey is in the wild now if that makes a difference